Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Interpol - Marauder (August 24, 2018) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, May 24, 2018.

1. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Pretty cool song, not super into the vocal production.

2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I actually really like it. Also, when I went to add the album on Apple Music, I discovered they released 3 El Pintoe Bonus Tracks that I never knew about. Looking forward to listening to those later.

3. flask

Trusted Supporter

Very danceable I like it.

4. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Really digging this song, Sam straight up kills it on this track.

5. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

friddman production, fuck yeah

Drew Beringer and sophos34 like this.
  6. primavera

yeah, this rules. paul sounds great

Drew Beringer likes this.
  7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

yeah has a very layered psychedelic feel that is unmistakably friddman

Drew Beringer and primavera like this.
  8. stars143

Trusted

Is Interpol really that big to play MSG? I don't think they could fill up a 2k cap venue in my city...

9. zmtr

Trusted

do you live on the moon?

For real though, I saw them in Detroit in 2015 and they sold out a 3k cap theater easily

10. stars143

Trusted

Charlotte, NC...

It must be a regional thing. I think there's a reason they mostly play big cities. I may just be severely underestimating their popularity.

11. zmtr

Trusted

I saw them in Detroit
    I certainly don't think they'll come close to selling out MSG but I imagine they have a pretty huge draw in NYC.

Hell, their best song is named after the city!

12. primavera

NYC is definitely the biggest city where they would get a draw, but they would absolutely fill up the fillmore. hell, they’d probably play charlotte metro

13. stars143

Trusted

hmm I think they played the fillmore last time they were town (I missed the show unfortunately), but that was at least 5 or 6 years ago.. I hope they do return to town though. I'd love to see them.

primavera likes this.
  14. New track rips

sophos34, primavera and stars143 like this.
  15. flask

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I was surprised to see they're playing Hollywood Bowl but their Turn On The Bright Lights shows sold out in an instant last year and they played the park FYF used to be held in.

16. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

NYC is their homebase so if they can’t sell it out, they’ll definitely get a massive crowd.

17. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

I saw them play MSG to support Our Love to Admire, I don't think it was close to sold out but Paul mentioned it was always a goal of the band's to play that venue, being from NYC and all.

Also love the new song, great to hear that kind of energy from these guys

18. Gooddayz

always and forever

Wow I did not see this coming! Can't believe a new album is out in two months!! Really liking the new single too. Nothing out of the ordinary, but it has a real good groove. Everything sounds nice and clear

19. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I guess this shouldn't be too too surprising, but I listened to this song as soon as I possibly could via a YouTube video on my phone while inside of a Honey Dew Donuts and it sounded terrible. Awful. Paul's voice sounded atrocious and the drum sound was horrible. Everything sounded like I was trying to play it out of a blown out speaker. I liked the song itself but it sounded awful. I bought the song on iTunes and listened in my wife's car which has nice speakers and the song sounded great. A very solid, upbeat single. Love Sam's drumming in this. With Interpol I often like songs that aren't the singles more. Very excited to hear the rest of the album.

20. stars143

Trusted

21. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

holy shit they're playing a 1200 cap in philly the day before the album is out, i'm strongly considering it

22. primavera

for some reason i figured you hated them

23. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

TOTBL is amazing, though there are some really icky lyrics on there. haven't really gotten into much else they've done

24. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

The Rover has grown on me a ton. Loving it these last few days. Can't wait to hear the rest.

I know this isn't the most popular Interpol opinion, but I feel like Antics and Our Love To Admire can go toe-to-toe with Turn On The Bright Lights and hold their own.

jpmalone4 likes this.
  25. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Antics and their self-titled are the two records I can’t seem to get into. Love the rest.