Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Instagram Website • Page 6

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Is the new multiple pictures in a single post feature still rolling out in waves or something? I'm all updated and I still don't have it, but I see other posts in my feed that use it.

2. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Is it worth updating now?

I don't like change. I'm still annoyed that I might not see certain user's content, even though I follow them.

3. Kuri44

So when you choose multiple pictures, is there no way to zoom out on each one individually? I choose one and I zoom out cause it's too zoomed in, but when i click to add more it's zooms back in on the first pic and doesn't let me make any changes to the 2nd and 3rd

4. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

you mean zoom out to full frame? multi-images posts are only in square for now.

Kuri44 likes this.
  5. muttley

Dear Instagramers, please stop posting this same fucking picture over and over again. Also, get your goddamn shoes out of your shots. You are blocking the view.

6. anajames

I hate the new story feature, nothing new with it. Snapchat Story-Insta Story WTH?

7. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

chasin waterfalls

8. mercury

modern-day offspring fanatic Supporter

I'm suuuper not into Insta stories either. Snapchat is one of my favorite apps, but the relative anonymity/lack of connection to Facebook & other sources of demographic data is the only reason I feel so comfortable using it.

9. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

i never got into snapchat, but I spend 90% of my time in instagram watching stories now.

Why Bother? likes this.
  10. Yeah for a second I thought Instagram was getting old but nope.

@carlosrockteich btw.

11. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Site's down.

Please describe the food you are eating today.

12. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

all of a sudden my feed is full of ads again. i don't remember seeing any since they first launched them.

13. anajames

Initially when snapchat arrived i kind of did not like it. Un-installed the app twice. Now no more insta and snapchat only

14. muttley

They really went from 0 to 100 on the ads this time around

15. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Jesus, the first 10ish things in my feed are from 10 days ago, 4 days, 2 days, 6 days, 3 days, 22 hours, September 28th, 5 days, ect.............. how is this what I want to see?

coleslawed and muttley like this.
  16. muttley

Same with me. That's the algorithm at work.
    This has always been my favorite app but all of the updates in the last year make me want to delete it.

17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Any reason why I don’t have the fun “Superzoom” thing even though I updated IG?

18. Dog with a Blog

I’ve noticed people doing this thing where they will post a clip of a song playing on their Music/Spotify apps to their Instagram stories and I can’t figure it out for the life of me

coleslawed likes this.
  19. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

Last night I chose to unfollow any active accounts, (bands, my sports teams, music venues, etc.) because I literally NEVER see my friends' posts anymore. Like, I'll scroll through and see posts like "James Harden with 17 points at halftime" from a game that happened a week ago, or "this band playing this venue tonight" from a week ago....

I don't want to see that. Those posts aren't relevant unless I'm looking at Instagram the exact moment they happen. But because they post 20 times a day, Instagram assumes I need to see every post, so it backlogs and completely drowns out real people. Just a load of shit.

20. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

And I can't stand the attitude they use to rationalize it, like "the algorithm IS what you want to see, you just don't realize it yet."

I'm literally almost exclusively seeing posts I DON'T want to see. There is no explaining around that.

coleslawed and Supernova like this.
  21. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

seriously, I much prefer Twitter's approach where they're like "here's all the crap you follow you dumb idiot, you figure it out"

coleslawed and muttley like this.
  22. muttley

As a dumb idiot, fuck algorithms. I follow certain accounts because I want to see all of their content. If I didn’t want to see it, I would unfollow. I’m guessing there’s a cash-grab to be had under all of this.

23. regardstomyself

If you screen record the song playing, it will pick up the audio... then just go to IG, go to post a story, and swipe up and find the screen recording.

If that's what you meant.

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  24. Dog with a Blog

Oooooh lol. I didn’t realize you could screen record

25. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

yeah, the same exact thing as Facebook, it's well documented that the algorithm only exists to make money off of it.

also I wasn't being sarcastic with my post above, I really do want Instagram to be like Twitter again.

muttley likes this.