Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.
Suddenly updated with it. Bizarre
Haha, well at least it's done now!
I hate all the recent updates. I haven't used it much since they changed the feed. And the stories thing is whatever, I don't use it or really watch them.
Instagram finally lets you hide troll comments
Instagram is like Winrar to me. I'll fucking die before i update it.
I'd rather see them so I can report it.
Always funny to watch people follow me, like a few of my pictures, and then after a few days they unfollow me, for not following them back, haha.
So for the last two days I've had to login to IG almost every time I've clicked on the app. Anyone else having this issue? I tried deleting the app and that didn't seem to make a difference
I had to yesterday. I've had that issue with random stuff here and there before. I think nothing to much of it.
I wish my explore page had options for what I want and don't want to see. I would turn off memes and body builders immediately. The two seem to run together.
Dude...yes. Is it based on stuff people you follow like? Because my feed is nothing but Kardashians, Gigi Hadid (I didn't even know who the hell that was until I kept seeing her damn face on my feed) fitness models, then like police/fireman/soldier appreciation shit...
Nothing I like or follow indicates even the slightest interests in any of those things.
That could be. Totally guessing here but I assume the formula also takes into account the images you view/like and what those posters view/like.
I'd say 60% of mine is what I want to see and the other 40% is a convoluted mess of everything else thrown in. To be fair, I still look at memes so it's partially my fault.
I've been really, really enjoying Instagram for the last 6 months or so and I've liked the changes they made to comments on posts so that you only really see comments from people that the poster is following. There's a downside, however, in that now we also see comments from verified users or users with tons of followers as well, regardless of whether or not the original poster is following the commenter.
So we get shit like this from accounts trying to gain followers by abusing the fact that their comments will be seen on celebs or sports teams' posts
I don't care about bestgoals or hoodclips or daquan. They're glorified reposters and I just don't have an interest in their content. I've tried blocking their accounts but their comments still show up when I browse.
i generally don't pay much attention to comments on other posts in my feed
I'm really, really liking the new layout of the latest major update aesthetically, and the functionality overall has been great for me - however, can we not get a damn quick-switch button for multiple accounts?! Twitter has it. Come on, Instagram.
if you're on your account page, just click on your username.
Wow I'm an idiot
When I post often, I'll gain like 10 followers and then lose them all by the end of the week haha.
It's weird how things will just add/like you solely to gain followers. The Ritz (1k+ venue) started liking a bunch of my pictures I had taken at shows like 9 months ago and realized it was solely so I'd like their page and they could shove upcoming shows into my feed.
Yup. Lots of promoters, bars, and restaurants have done that to me. I'm usually weirded out when someone with nearly 30k followers follows me - turns out those are generally the ones who unfollow after a few days.
Funny thing was is that I've actually never been to that venue. It was just so random how they came across my stuff.
I got local companies tweeting at me trying to engage, but I never respond
I had Frys Food Stores like a Weatherbox picture of mine. That was a weird one.
The stupid Instagram app errors out when I try to change my push notification settings, which is driving me nuts
I don't want to know EVERY TIME one of my friends goes "live" SMH. I've tried reporting it but haven't gotten any kind of response yet
Someone followed me, I followed back, then within a couple hours they were nowhere to be found in my feed. What a bunch of goons. They always find me.