Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Instagram Website • Page 4

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I'm tired of all the hub accounts nowadays. I try to 'like' the original picture to give the person the proper credit but my explore page is a bunch of secondary accounts that post other people's stuff.

2. muttley

I liked a picture of a chow and now my explore tab is full of them. You're not all bad, Instagram.

Garrett L. likes this.
  3. muttley

I've been wasting my time trying to properly compose my pictures. I didn't realize this whole time all I needed were some blurry shots to become
    instafamous.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I've plugged this insta before, but they're featuring Knoxville today and it caught me off guard:

coleslawed, ChaseTx and muttley like this.
  5. muttley

Love the colors in that shot. They're kind of hit or miss for me but I won't be unfollowing any time soon.

6. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Is there a way to delete all the fake users/spam that have added me. Basically I'm tired of getting notifications that webcam sites have added me. And random bands I'm not going to listen to.

7. muttley

I don't think there is, but if you find something, can you post it?

I recently went through my followers and got rid of at least 10 that were either garbage accounts, or people who hadn't posted in a really long time. I usually look at accounts that follow me or like my stuff so when it looks fishy, I report it as spam and block the user. That may be inconvenient if you get a lot of likes/followers.

I've noticed that when I go a few weeks without posting something, spam accounts will start liking my pictures more often.

Oh, and I still refuse to update.

8. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

Has anyone not been able to see their notifications, like, at all? The notification tab won't load whatsoever and hasn't for the last day and a half. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and everything.

9. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

still get plenty of spam followers and their notifications.

10. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Same here with spam followers. I want them to fix that. I don't want to make my account private.

ChaseTx likes this.
  11. muttley

I tend to get spam accounts a week or so after I've made a post, then it fades out again. I don't get a lot of followers to begin with so I'm able to stay on top of it and block/report spam accounts.

12. mercury

modern-day offspring fanatic Supporter

I didn't see a marketing thread, but for anyone in marketing, I got an email about this today: Buffer for Instagram

Buffer's a service I've used to queue twitter posts before and it works really well, looks like they've expanded to Instagram (at least, as much as Instagram allows them to).

13. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

So funny having random people/accounts follow me, liking random pictures, and then after a while of not following them back, they just unfollow me. Sucks it's such a widespread tactic to get more followers

14. The new feed is pretty annoying, especially if you follow sport accounts. I wish it would go back to chronological order.

15. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

it'd be nice if there was the option to switch back like facebook does (or did, not sure if you can still go chronological there).

I don't hate it as much as I thought I would, I was already changing from scrolling all the way through to whenever I last checked, and this makes that pretty impossible now. it is nice to see notifications when someone you follow/like a lot posts after a while.

16. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I still loathe the new timeline. It honestly ruined the app for me.

kyle likes this.
  17. muttley

I still haven't updated lol

18. becketor

What are everyone's thoughts on Instagram stories? Couldn't believe my eyes when I updated, a friend of mine thought Snapchat had merged with Instagram or something!

19. I like it because I get more engagement from my followers on there. I use Snapchat but I'm not very good at it. Getting better with time.

20. becketor

You mean your instagram followers engage more with your stories than normal posts? Could well be down to the novelty at first, but maybe you'll find the format works better for you and your snapchat performance will also improve!

ianebaldwin likes this.
  21. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

I don't have stories yet for some reason. I've updated my Instagram app, but there's no option for it

22. becketor

Do you not see stories from the people you follow at the top of the screen, or you mean you can't create them yourself?

23. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Both, its just not there completely. Gonna try deleting and redownloading the app.

edit: welp that didnt work

24. becketor

Weird... are you running the latest OS?

25. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Yep all up to date. Very strange.