Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Instagram Launches Selfie Filters

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 16, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Josh Constine, writing for TechCrunch:

Today Instagram Stories adds a more subtle and mature but error-prone copycat of Snapchat’s beloved augmented reality selfie filters. The eight initial “face filters,” as Instagram calls them, work exactly like Snapchat, and let you add virtual koala ears, nerd glasses, a butterfly crown or wrinkle-smooth makeup to yourself and friends in photos or videos.

Instagram, like their parent company Facebook, have the whole “just copy your competitor’s idea” thing down to a science at this point.

Raku likes this.
  2. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

I personally cannot stand Snapchat filters. You can only see so many of those animal-face filters before you start to get annoyed. Hopefully my Instagram feed doesn't fill up with them.

3. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Yeah, the copying thing is getting prettyyyy old

Raku likes this.
  4. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Copy. Paste. Repeat.

5. skaorsk8

I am starting to feel bad for Snapchat. What do they even have left?

6. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

like 30 billion dollars. that aside, they seem to be doing well. I don't foresee them going away any time soon. I prefer Snapchat way over any other social media.

7. They keep copying and pasting but reaching a wider audience. Sucks for Snapchat, even though I'm not the biggest fan of the app.

Raku likes this.
  8. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

i have a bigger reach on instagram than snapchat, and i'm starting to slowly abandon my snapchat. i feel like i'm cheating on a significant other or something

9. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Facebook should copy the shit out of everything so we can stop this madness of having all these separate social media apps for no reason

coleslawed likes this.
  10. seimagery

instagram.com/thekissingglow/

I have a snapchat and follow like three people. I've seen these people pretty much post the same shit from snapchat story to instagram. I can't imagine caring enough to make a story in both apps...

I do hope instagram is around for a while, even with these imo, useless updates I still think it's my favorite social media.

11. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

prefer the look and feel of the Instagram stories, it just feels cleaner. it might just be me but everyone's stories and images look far better on Instagram than Snapchat.

I hate the filters for both.

coleslawed likes this.
  12. inagreendase