Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Instagram Launches Private Stories Archive

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Instagram will now allow you to automatically save your “Stories” in an archive that only you can see. Casey Newton, explains at The Verge:

Instagram is rolling out a private archive of the ephemeral stories you have posted in the app. Starting today, Instagram will begin to add your expired stories to the archive feature, which until now has been used only to house photos and videos you no longer want to display on your public profile. The stories archive, which you will be able to opt out of, is being introduced globally on Android and iOS.

I like this so I don’t have keep my old stories on my phone, which I was doing because they do tell a nice little, um, story about whatever I was doing that day. Usually involving beer and the cats. Nice update.

trevorshmevor and jorbjorb like this.
  2. youwontknow

If I smile with my teeth, bet you'd believe me

Wow, what feature from snap will Zuck rip off next? Maybe Insta (snap) Map...