Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Instagram Is the Internet’s New Home for Hate • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 21, 2019.

1. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Improve society by deactivaitng your accounts, punkers

2. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

shouldn't you deactivate your account here, then

coleslawed, slimfenix182 and Joe4th like this.
  3. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Jason Tate's blog website with his hivemind friends is more toxic than these social media sites they love mocking. Imagine if this website ever took off or he made an app. God no.

4. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Considering Facebook owns IG, this isn't surprising at all. Mark Zuckerberg needs to get his shit together. This type of shit is always going to exist in some form on the internet sadly. Hopefully articals like this act as catalysts for fixing as much as can be fixed. However, we as parents and adults need to inform the younger generations of this type of click bait and false information that can be spread so they can learn to avoid it. It's a critical skill that is needed in this day and age and it's best to learn young.

5. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

This thread is reminding me why I’m glad I got off Twitter. Lol

jpmalone4 likes this.
  6. Oh man, he got you so good @Wharf Rat he stole your avatar. How will you ever recover!???

:crylaugh:

7. Website #1: Jews, gay people, all non-white people, and women should die.

Website #2: Uh, bigotry is bad.

Smart person: WEBSITE TWO IS SO MUCH WORSE AND OPPRESIVE. #HIVEMIND

8. Lucas27

Trusted

Lol. As someone whose core beliefs are a major outlier from most people on this site, this is so untrue.

9. BradBradley

Regular

Bigfoot - real/fake/or a whole population of bigFEET?

10. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

"bigfoot" are actually a separate species intelligent humanoid that humanity once lived in concert with, but eventually defeated in a brutal war which included use of biomemetic weapons which turned them into the animals we know today

coleslawed, BradBradley and Lucas27 like this.
  11. Lucas27

Trusted

See above comment.

BradBradley likes this.
  12. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Anyway, I've always been fairly hesitant with social media. I had a Twitter and I guess I still do but I use it extremely infrequently. Never had a FB. Finally made an insta cause someone here LITERALLY forced me to!!! But it's private and I'm not interesting enough to get hate lol. So staying in my lil corner having things set private and not engaging much has worked for me. Tho social media is so intertwined with branding and many lines of work now that I wish it was a more positive place for people who have a harder time opting out or still want to connect with others but avoid the bs

13. Martina

Regular

I think that's also called "mainstream media" or at least it sounds like a lot of the coverage that conventional newspapers and TV networks give for social media. :blush:

14. mercury

modern-day offspring fanatic Supporter

the power that social media companies have amassed via data collection is huge & they consistently show that they aren’t responsible enough to handle it, but yeah go off cuz you can use instagram to post cute dog pics!

coleslawed and SuNDaYSTaR like this.
  15. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

[​IMG]

16. Martina Mar 30, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 30, 2019)
    Martina

Regular

CNN: Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg calls for more regulation of the internet.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/30/tech/facebook-mark-zuckerberg-regulation/index.html

I'm not sure if this is the best thread for this link but it looks like this is the last post related to social media and hate speech and such. I just want to say that it's interesting that Zuckerberg comes out and calls for more government regulation in a Washington Post op-ed like two or three days after Facebook makes a big announcement about not allowing white nationalist posts and comments on their site.

I agree with the intent of that but it looks like that's being followed up immediately with an appeal to the government to provide more oversight and regulation. Facebook and other social media companies could then be even less personally less responsible to develop their own policies which one would hope would be a model for smaller social media networks and internet forums and content providers to follow.

Or, as Gizmodo put it:
    https://gizmodo.com/mark-zuckerberg-ok-fine-regulate-facebook-1833693687

17. Pandemonium

It depends on who you follow. I follow celebrity that motivate, the ones that I can follow and maybe one day I'll become like they

18. ralph5MM Jan 5, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 8, 2021)
    ralph5MM

I think that it all depends on that fact, on which exact channels you have been subscribed, isn't it? Some channels simply make money there and they simply want to get more followers as well, because of it. You can read this webpage of how to buy Instagram followers to understand the basic prices, that nowadays market has for purchasing followers in Instagram.