Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Instagram Adds Ability to Add Background Music

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Josh Constine, writing at TechCrunch:

The right music can make a boring photo or video epic, so Instagram is equipping users with a way to add popular songs to their Stories. […] Thanks to Facebook’s recent deals with record labels, users will be able to choose from thousands of songs from artists including Bruno Mars, Dua Lipa, Calvin Harris and Guns N’ Roses.

And:

When friends watch a music-equipped Story, the song will post automatically. They’ll also be able to tap on the sticker to see artist and song title info, but for now these stickers won’t link out to a musician’s Instagram page or their presence on streaming services — though that would certainly be helpful. I also suggest that Instagram should create deeplinks that artists can share with their fans that automatically opens the Stories camera with that song’s sticker added.

Good idea.

Raku likes this.
  2. Montauk1222

Trusted Prestigious

Or we could get chronological order, something people actually want.

3. How Instagram’s algorithm works
    Instagram users were missing 70 percent of all posts and 50 percent of their friends’ posts before the app ditched the reverse chronological feed for an algorithm in July 2016. Despite backlash about confusing ordering, Instagram now says relevancy sorting has led to its 800 million-plus users seeing 90 percent of their friends’ posts and spending more time on the app.

People think they want it. All the data shows the opposite though. :shrug:

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

this is cool because i often like to screenshot and post what i'm currently jammin' to in my story. cool feature.

Raku likes this.
  5. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I want it in Chronological order and how dare you not follow me back.

supernovagirl and Raku like this.
  6. :seeno::camera:

Raku likes this.
  7. St. Nate

Raku likes this.
  8. lol what's your account name

Raku likes this.
  9. St. Nate

Raku likes this.
  10. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Obviously I'm not implying this is how everyone operates, but the only people I've seen complain about it (out of those I follow) are merchants (albeit independent sellers.) Mostly individual enamel pin makers, etc.

11. saveferris

Wait, it’s that easy? Cause I just uploaded some adorable pics with me and my nephew in matching outfits. So....

supernovagirl and Raku like this.
  12. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

Read the article and did some googling to no avail, did anyone see anything about how independent artists can get their music onto the platform to be used this way?