Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Inside the 1975’S Two-Album Campaign

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The 1975’s manager, Jamie Osborne, sat down with Music Week to talk about the band and their upcoming plans:

“We’re doing things a little bit differently in this campaign,” Oborne said. “Very early on, Matthew [Healy, frontman] noted that the promotional window on music is shorter than ever, and the time that people consume it is infinite.

“He felt very strongly that, if we have a tour cycle that’s going to last 18 months to two years, we have to release two records in the time that we would have previously have released one.”

Dirty Hit will release A Brief Enquiry Into Online Relationships in Q4, and Notes On A Conditional Form in Spring 2019, with the backing of its joint venture with Polydor.

DeRRek likes this.
  2. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

Hopefully there will be a tad more depth to the lyrics than what Matt Healy just posted here...[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

bradsonemanband and SamLevi11 like this.
  3. WastedWeeks

Everyone seems to know the score
    They’ve seen it all before

4. oneeightytwo

Regular

Why do you even need more depth than that?

St. Nate and paythetab like this.
  5. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Probably gonna be the best song on the album let's be real

6. Iamhollywood315

Regular

The single was god awful hopefully they have some more musical substance on this record that’s not all vocal driven

7. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Is this the first time they've mentioned the second (fourth) album's title? Haven't heard it before

8. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

The first single was fantastic and I am so incredibly excited to hear more and see how this mega-cycle unfolds.

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

They mentioned it on May 31 when Give Yourself a Try premiered.

cosmickid likes this.
  10. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not so good one you've bested me

11. zachmacD

Trusted

I would've thought that their albums sold more than that. less than a million total for both albums seems low