Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Injury Reserve - By the Time I Get to Phoenix (September 15th, 2021) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Injury-Reserve.jpeg

1. Outside
    2. Superman That
    3. SS San Francisco (ft. Zelooperz)
    4. Footwork in a Forest Fire
    5. Ground Zero
    6. Smoke Don't Clear
    7. Top Picks For You
    8. Wild Wild West
    9. Postpostpartum
    10. Knees
    11. Bye Storm

RIP Groggs

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Man

3. Single is wild as to be expected, very happy to hear from them again. Should be a beautiful send-off.

4. this song is, uhhhh, something

OhTheWater likes this.
  5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Out

6. Weird that this dropped on a Wednesday, I'll throw it on later today when I'm not working

7. PauLo

43% Burnt

Yeah, you need to be doing nothing else whilst listening to this. Give it your entire attention because it's dense

Josh Awesome likes this.
  8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

SS San Francisco is crazy

9. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

this album's one of a kind, goddamn

I've forgotten a lot of their discog, gonna have to revisit but I just want to listen to this over and over

10. Rowan5215

"Footwork in a Forest Fire" is somethin else man

11. Rowan5215

truly haven't been this enamoured with a rap album since Some Rap Songs, I'm amazed it isn't getting discussion here

12. I need way more time with it before I can parse my thoughts tbh

13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I made the comparison to someone earlier that it's like a mix of Some Rap Songs and Clipping., that's funny you say that

This is just a fucking insane album. I can't even begin to compare it to their other work, it's just so different and unlike anything I've ever heard in this genre. Parker is an INSANELY talented producer, as soon as that outro on Outside hit I knew I was in for a ride. I have no idea how, or even if, they will ever follow this up. Definitely want to see the tour now, I never got to see them with Groggs unfortunately

Rowan5215 likes this.
  14. Rowan5215

I can hear bits of both of those here along with so many other fragments of stuff but somehow the final work is just entirely unique and only sounds like itself

Music 2 right here

tdlyon likes this.