Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ingrid Goes West (Matt Spicer, August 4 2017) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Apr 3, 2017.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen Apr 3, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 3, 2017)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

2. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Looks bonkers, excited for it.

3. It was pretty good

4. Looks dope

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

6. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

just caught wind of this. I'm in although the reviews have be a bit less pumped and probably have me saving this for on demand

7. Serh Aug 16, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 29, 2017)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I wasn't a fan of this. Several issues but maybe the biggest one is the least earned ending I can remember seeing in a while. I think most of my theater was turned off by it as well

Definitely a letdown

jkauf and domotime2 like this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

O'Shea was so funny in this
    I thought all the acting was good, Wyatt and Lizzie both brought warmth to their roles
    and most importantly it has Mantis and Scarlet Witch going as Cher and Dionne for Halloween

9. Definitely a lot of laugh out loud moments in this, and I thought it was paved pretty well so things didn't get too stale. Like just when things were getting a little repetitive with Ingrid's obsession, the brother comes into the story to mix things up and Dan becomes more involved. But yeah, "undeserving" is a pretty perfect word to describe that ending, did not like that at all. A bunch of people in the theater went "awwwwwww" when Dan came rolling into the room and I was like nooooooooo!

One random thing that stuck out to me that bugged me was Ezra's art. Like, I get that he's an amateur artist that doesn't have it all figured out, but it seemed weird to make him super against social media but then his art's sole purpose is capitalize on hashtags and memes? It got a laugh out of me but seemed inconsistent with the character haha

10. domotime2

i couldnt agree with you more. That was NOT the ending i was expecting, hoping for at all. And not in a good way. Just one of those "ugh?" what?

Lets pretend that we dont need the "learned lesson" ending... there's still many other ways to go about it.

11. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I didn't have a problem with the ending. It reminded me a lot of "Young Adult." It seems like that would be the natural progression of a minor Instagram star.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  12. domotime2

but it's extremely unsatisfying... especially when its paired with her 'bf' strolling in on his wheelchair as if everything is fine. She's got severe issues and the bf seemed like a totally normal, social guy. It didn't seem believeable that he would be that smiley towards her.

13. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It's my understanding that he has a very bad case of arrested development, basically thinking he's Batman who has found his Catwoman. I don't think there was much normal about him besides the front that he put on at the beginning as the landlord.

And I don't think the ending is supposed to be satisfying. It's about social media enabling people and it ties in with that theme.

14. domotime2

i think we could've gotten another scene or two then of the boyfriend because he seemed pretty well put together. He's a fan of batman, he writes movies, he's a landlord, and he has a crush on Ingrid. He doesn't seem like the person who'd willingly KIDNAP someone and then when he finds out that it was all part of her 'craziness', just roll up "hey catwoman whats up?".

Like I'd expect more of a "i came because you were in trouble and you needed help"...not "everything is okay, look you're trending woot".

Like I guess in the end I had more of an issue with the boyfriend being all happy at the end. Honestly, why not just end with the nurse handing her her phone..she opens up and there's a text from him "I hope you're doing okay. You really need some help etc etc etc....but dont feel bad, look you're trending". and then we end with a bunch of texts read outloud (like in the beginning of the movie).

haha the more i talk the more i realize i just hated smiling boyfriend rolling up i wheelchair. so its a small critique

15. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Haha. No, I get it. For me, it rides the line of being believable, but I still buy it because I don't think he was as normal once you got to know him.

Or you could go the "Jacob's Ladder" route and maybe that last scene never happened.

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I think the ending I expected would be darker than the actual movie so I have no problem with what we got
    I thought for sure someone was dying

Ryan Garner likes this.
  17. domotime2

hahha now we're talking my style (in a way i was anticipating that....the last scene being all in her head..but that'd be so damn lame). Ending is good you convinced me.

Zilla likes this.
  18. This is actually a great point that I definitely overlooked in my tirade of being annoyed about the same thing @domotime2 is struggling with. I was looking for a more realistic resolution but yeah, you're definitely right, they probably did want to drive home the "enabling" thing

19. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Watched this tonight with my roommate and his girlfriend. I really liked it but I’ve felt very uneasy since seeing it

TedSchmosby and trevorshmevor like this.
  20. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Yeah I just watched this and I feel f u c k e d. Like moreso than after watching any other movie this year including all that horror shite

Ryan Garner likes this.
  21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

This was okay. Loved all the performances, but it felt a little messy and goes a little too far off the rails in the third act. The Dan/Ingrid relationship had natural chemistry at first but then suddenly rushed and forced.