Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Infinity Crush - Warmth Equation (September 30, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Jul 21, 2016.

1. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

don't like the mixing on this at all

also have been listening to most of these songs for such a long time that it doesn't feel like an album to me idk

i'm rly glad that no one is going to typecast her music as sad anymore though

2. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

after my first listen i think the songs are rly rly rly good (ofc they are, she's a brilliant songwriter) but the mixing and recording does a poor job at capturing the atmosphere of the songs and making them salient or affecting. also her voice sounds buried. wish she'd recorded this in a studio

3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I think that's the vibe I'm getting so far. I was so into her simple guitar recordings I'm probably going to end up being that guy who prefers the older/more stripped back stuff, ha. The songs just work so much better that way for me, Wipe Down being the main example on here. I also much preferred the old version of Whisper with the voice recordings.

Also if anyone wants to get this its up on her Bandcamp for pay what you want right now.

4. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

And this is why you don't listen to demos, gents...

jordalsh likes this.
  5. SpyKi

I didn't know they were demos at the time, lol. She posts so many songs that never make it onto an album that if I didn't listen to anything she posted I'd miss out on a lot of her material, ha. "Whisper" was on an actual EP she put out.

6. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

7. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

her discography is one of my favorites ever and most of these songs actually work better in their older forms. they weren't demos then, they were released material

it's not that I prefer the one take recordings just because they're one take recordings. like I said, wish she'd recorded this in a studio

SpyKi likes this.
  8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

This is fantastic.

9. SpyKi

There's still a good amount here that I love, mainly Wipe Down and Whisper, but I'm not as big a fan of the more upbeat stuff like Spoiled or Pete and Pete. Even those aren't bad though, they just kind of feel a bit out of place to me.

10. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I really like this record

11. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

She got mad on twitter about some fuckhead writer's review and he proceeded to mock her dad dying. Fucked up