Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (James Mangold, June 30th 2023) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Dirty Sanchez, Mar 15, 2016.

1. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Would love for mads to be the goofy sidekick. He can be funny

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

3. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

love holbrook for no particular reason

imthesheriff likes this.
  4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

All they need is for Indy looking for a religious artifact and trying to keep it out of the hands of the nazis.

6. phaynes12

space???? why

7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Project Paperclip and the space race of the ‘60s. As long as Jones doesn’t go into space I’ll be fine with it.

8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Indiana Jones Fast & Furious cross over here we come.

9. Damn as if the weird alien ending of Crystal Skull didn't sour the legacy enough.

I'll still be at that local premier though.

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

13. Morrissey

Trusted

The problem with de-aging is less how it looks and more how bodies move. As great as The Irishman was, Robert DeNiro did not move like a man in his thirties. It is just impossible for them to do that anymore. Indiana Jones is a far more physical role than a mob hitman, so if they try to pull it off in choreographed scenes it is going to look bad.

beachdude, coleslawed and Zilla like this.
  14. Presumably this is just for a flashback scene or two, which is I guess is fine. However, I still really love River Phoenix in the Last Crusade flashback, and I'd prefer they give another young actor a moment to shine as Indy in a flashback.

15. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

[​IMG]
    Just bring Sean Patrick Flannery in for flashbacks!

16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Crystal Skull takes place in 1957 and was released in 2008. So it's been 13 years in the real world. They're apparently setting this one in the late 60s so you won't need to de-age Ford for the present day stuff at all.

If the double is wearing a Nazi uniform in these set photos then it has to be a flashback.

17. Unless they pull an Inglorious Basterds and just rewrite Nazi German history

18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

19. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

20. phaynes12

man, love harry

21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

It just feels really good to see Ford dressed up as Indiana. Idc how I feel about Crystal Skull

22. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Yeah, Ford as Indy is just perfection. I still love watching Crystal Skull even though it's no where near the originals.

23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

today's my day off so i went to see raiders in theaters today (was free w/ regal unlimited.) shit was a blast even with only one other person in the theater. a perfect adventure film

24. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

I feel very optimistic about this movie. Please be great

25. I saw Raiders in a historic theater with my dad when I was 13 or so. It's absolutely my favorite moviegoing experience ever.

David Parke likes this.
  26. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

twitter user @mang0ld is a king