Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Independence Day: Resurgence (Roland Emmerich, 2016) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Apr 22, 2016.

1. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

At least Goldblum and his dad were fun.

2. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

Saw it yesterday, not absolutely terrible but pretty bad nonetheless. I'll put down more thoughts later but I just wanted to say that I thought it was funny that we had developed all this new technology in the movie but we still drove gas powered cars.

3. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Only made $41 million ($150 worldwide).

4. Summer full of lackluster sequels, other than Finding Dory I guess

5. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

Just saw this, i actually enjoyed it. The 'they always go for the landmarks line' cracked me up.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  6. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I was very briefly excited to see this, but reception is too lukewarm to put forth the effort of seeing it.

7. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

thedrudo likes this.
  8. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

"The Conjuring 2" and "Captain America" were good.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

10. Jake Gyllenhaal

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  11. jellyfishfossil

Regular

I actually liked this more than the first film and would put it in 3rd place behind Civil War and X-Men in my summer 2016 film list (still haven't seen Finding Dory).

12. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Prestigious

This was hands down the worst film I've ever seen in theaters.

heymynameisjoe and popdisaster00 like this.
  13. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Glad I sorta didn't see this now I guess haha, saw Secret Life Of Pets instead with the gf. Did I dodge a bullet then guys?

14. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

This was not good

15. Ugh, sucks to see that this actually straight up sucks and isn't even qualifying for that cheesy fun type of thing

imthesheriff likes this.
  16. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

This is it for me. It's a BIG budget Syfy film and objectively it's very awful, but subjectively enjoy the damn ride imo, it's aliens and Jeff Goldblum. Again!

popdisaster00 and Erwin89 like this.
  17. I'm still gonna see it. Sounds like it needs to be a matinee.

18. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I don't want to read the thread yet since I haven't seen the movie; what's the consensus on 3D? I'd rather not go that route but it might be my only option.

19. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I thought it was cheesy and yet still fun enough to be an enjoyable watch. They just tried packing too much into the story

20. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I thought it was OK; don't feel like the 3D was used all that much, but if it ends up being your only choice, you shouldn't be disappointed.

21. SC Wood

Is there a chance this DIDN'T end as everyone expected? There is going to be a part 3, so I could only assume it ended in such a way that there will be no question.

22. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

They tried to pack too much in so nothing could breath so nothing felt like it had any stakes. There was almost no tension.

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  23. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

Haven't seen it yet but pretty bummed to hear that no one seems to like it. I wasn't expecting it to be good per se but I would have settled for cheesy and entertaining.

24. DrawYourMind

Regular Prestigious

heymynameisjoe likes this.
  25. Jake Gyllenhaal

One thing that turned me off was the constant bluish/cold colors cinematography. I never liked that in movies plus the original was so much more vibrant and colorful which added to the fun tone.