Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Independence Day: Resurgence (Roland Emmerich, 2016) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah nowhere near the awesomeness that was the 1st, but still a pretty fun ride. Felt like it went through some plot points so fast, that it almost warrants a 2nd viewing. So those African warlords fought an army of those aliens for 10 years? How did they get off a ship successfully in 1996? Did America not notice those aliens and not kill them?

2. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

This was real dumb. Basically a trailer for "Independence Day 3."

3. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Basically that ending was director Ronald saying "Hey if this movie is popular enough, with this ending I can maybe have a future part 3"

4. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I believe he has said he wrote scripts for 2 and 3 at the same time.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  5. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

This feels like it was five scripts put in blender and then shot on the screen.

6. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Less critical analysis. More aliens.

I'm kidding.

7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah I felt there was quite a lot going on; I was having trouble keeping up with the story at a few points

8. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  9. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Wow, I was hoping to go this weekend with low expectations and now it seems like I'd be wasting my money.

10. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Worst movie ever? Not even close, there's plenty of worse films

Garrett L. likes this.
  11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Nah I think you'll decently enjoy it; it's nowhere near that bad

12. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It's not the worst movie, but it is horrendously mediocre. Even in a summer of safe sequels, it somehow managed to be more bland than the second "TMNT" movie because at least that had some purpose to it. This has no reason to exist.

13. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

WOW. That's a bold statement, but I can't argue since I haven't seen ID:R yet. I want you to be wrong because I would rather enjoy it. But I wouldn't be surprised.

14. heymynameisjoe

what's worse?

15. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Probably the most scandalous opinion on this site: No Country For Old Men

16. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

17. heymynameisjoe

[​IMG]

18. heymynameisjoe

just going to leave this here.

19. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

This was abysmal, don't think I've ever been that bored at a summer blockbuster before.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  20. pbueddi

Trusted

very average movie. i didn't mind the plot, but the new actors were terrible. i liked all the originals for the most part though.

21. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

It's not a good movie, but I more or less had fun. Helped I went with a friend and we made jokes the whole time. So on the whole I don't regret seeing it. Really follows the beats of the original, which is something a lot of movies based off older fare have been doing recently.

22. jkauf Jun 25, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 25, 2016)
    jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

I felt like an immature 12-year-old when Dikembe said "You have to kill them from the back." I just wanted to shout "THATS WHAT SHE SAID!"

Also, can't stop thinking about how off the score was too -- like it seemed to sit in the background and didn't invoke a single emotion.

I might need to see this again inebriated the more I think about it.

23. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

jkauf likes this.
  24. Night Channels

Trusted

[​IMG]

Aaron Mook likes this.
  25. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Okay, this was pretty much what I expected. As people have pointed out, it couldn't retain the same fun as the first one. They relied on Brett Spiner as the only comedic relief. Also, I know we're suppose to have suspended disbelief regarding scientific fact, but one thing that was unresolved regarding the ending... so the drilling towards the earth's core is stopped at the last second. What would occur now that there's a mile-wide hole in the planet? Would the water from the ocean fill it in? Would the inner layers cave in on itself to plug the hole? It just seems like some type of natural occurrence would occur.