Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Independence Day: Resurgence (Roland Emmerich, 2016) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Apr 22, 2016.

1. We always knew they were coming back. After INDEPENDENCE DAY redefined the event movie genre, the next epic chapter delivers global spectacle on an unimaginable scale. Using recovered alien technology, the nations of Earth have collaborated on an immense defense program to protect the planet. But nothing can prepare us for the aliens’ advanced and unprecedented force. Only the ingenuity of a few brave men and women can bring our world back from the brink of extinction.

In Theaters - June 24, 2016

Cast: Liam Hemsworth, Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman, Judd Hirsch, Vivica A. Fox, Brent Spiner, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Jessie Usher, Maika Monroe, Sela Ward

Directed by Roland Emmerich

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  3. Every year I get excited for one or two big summer blockbusters (never superhero films) and this is one of those

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  4. Night Channels

Trusted

This looks like a lot of fun. I'm going to spoiler tag a 20 year old movie...

How is the crazy, longhaired scientist in this when he was killed in the original?

5. Good call. Didn't even make that connection!

6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Because of the alien technology man! But yea, that caught me off guard too.

7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I am soooo excited for this; just looks like a really fun, exciting movie. Bring some friends, buy some candy, enjoy awesome movie. Can't wait

8. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

This movie is going to be so ridiculously fun and enjoyable. The first is a classic.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  9. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

This movie looks incredibly stupid. Damn. I'll be seeing it opening night.

10. Garrett

So, if you want an almost-five minute trailer that basically gives away the entire movie:

I AM SO INCREDIBLY PUMPED.

IS THAT THE BURJ FUCKING KHALIFA TURNED INTO A FUCKING SPEAR?!

11. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Will hopefully be seeing the first film and then this in a double bill feature on June 22nd, always wanted to see the first on the big screen.

Garrett L. and popdisaster00 like this.
  12. The double-feature is pretty enticing. Would leave to see the original on the big screen.

13. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

This isn't being screened for critics. So be prepared for a big piece of shit.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  14. Greg

Only fools would expect anything else.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  15. I hope the film doesn't take itself too seriously. I'll take full-on cheese, to be honest. I mean, when you consider the first one..

Nyquist and Garrett L. like this.
  16. Garrett

Does it have Jeff Goldblum and aliens? 10/10 instant classic needs nothing else

Aaron Mook, popdisaster00 and Nyquist like this.
  17. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

This movie will be critic-proof so it doesn't matter

18. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

It's probably not being screened to avoid any spoilers leaking out, so far it's done a stellar job of being tightly-sealed in terms of anything at all being revealed.

19. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

If that's the case, my guess is we'll see some Will Smith at some point.

But I definitely think this is Fox worried about it getting panned. They screened "X-Men: Apocalypse" super early because they were so proud of it and probably are a bit bitter critics didn't see it that way. Heck, they screened "Fantastic Four" even though it had awful buzz. They know that not screening a movie, especially a big-budget tentpole is a horrible sign for a movie.

20. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

This will still be better than Ghostbusters

21. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

As cheesy as I expect this to be, I'm still holding out hope he makes an appearance. Like, maybe the U.S. government announced his untimely death in an aviation accident but it was a hoax and he's living low-key with his wife and son. Maybe he didn't like the attention of being the savior or Earth. Or maybe in the case of a future invasion, the aliens believe he's dead thinking Earth has let their guard down but secretly he's going to pop up at the last second and blow them all away!!!
    ....okay, this sounds dumber after I typed all that.

22. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Well his son is one of the main characters of the film and based on the trailers has taken up his mantle in the air force. It seems like he does it to honor the death of his father. There's also an interview somewhere where Will Smith mentions how disappointed he was by the whole thing.

23. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Ahh, okay, I think I forgot about that from the trailer

24. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

Anyone ever listen to the DVD audio commentary for the original? It amused me how Emmerich acknowledged how bad the writing was/repeatedly expressed regret over not getting someone else to write the script.

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to this cheeseball popcorn flick.

25. Greg

The gave away almost the whole movie in the trailers. I am sure there are a few surprises left, but the core of the movie has been revealed. This isn't gonna be a huge spoiler movie.