Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Incubus / Jimmy Eat World / Judah & The Lion Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

For Jones Beach, which is the NYC-area show, you can still buy regular GA Pit tickets from Ticketmaster (as in the fucking PIT hasn't even sold out) so....can't be doing that well. Rise Against/Deftones had the same problem. The only ampitheater tour I am interested in this year that seems to be selling well is the Muse/30STM/PVRIS tour.

I hope they mix it up as well. I've been seeing Incubus since the Make Yourself-era and, starting in 2004, they started making each show slightly different. I wouldn't expect them to go full S.C.I.E.N.C.E-mode but hopefully they play a few from there. Some songs I wish they'd bust out include Out From Under, 11am, While The Vultures Feed, Deep Inside

NationalPhenomenon likes this.
  2. Joshua

Regular

The pit is still available in Camden too, yikes

3. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

For the Camden date, I got 5 lawn tickets for 100 dollars without any extra fees. And that was as soon as they went on sale. They must have assumed from the start it would be tough to fill some of these venues.

4. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

This tour is gonna tank hard.

5. Joshua

Regular

Probably should've booked some outdoor stages like express live or the festival pier

6. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Yeah, I'm still surprised Incubus does ampitheaters. That being said, I think it's easier to "hide" in an ampitheater. You can sell 5k tickets in a place that holds 18k but if you upgrade people from the lawn at the show, doesn't look that empty.

Jones Beach is an outlier because there is no lawn and thus will look empty.

7. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

They played an 8000 cap outdoor with Deftones two years ago, and now they're trying to do a 25k cap.... quite illogical

8. NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious

Not sure if they overestimated JEW's popularity or what, because their best days (popularity-wise) are also behind them. I also think the high ticket prices for seats (besides lawn) hurt sales. Not many people want to pay ~$120 to be up close. I recall the tickets for the co-headlining tour with Deftones being lower.

Would like to see them play large theaters again. Suits them best at this stage in their career.

9. NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious

Looks like Incubus played 19 songs, including the throwaway When I Became a Man. Points for Redefine, Aqueous, The Original, and The Warmth, but staples and 8 songs otherwise. Their sets continue to get shorter, ugh.

JEW played 14 songs and a guaranteed crowd pleaser of a set. Surprisingly, this tour will be the first time I see them after being a casual fan since Bleed American came out.

10. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Aqueous Transmission as an encore almost makes up for the any shortcomings in the rest of the set

11. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

This will be my first Jimmy Eat World show since the American Idiot tour! I am going really for them and I am really pleased with the setlist, albeit I would love to give them more time to play so I could hear more. If I had to condense it down, I don't think I could have made it much better. Incubus' setlist leaves a lot to be desired for me, but I'm also a super casual fan, so I don't care to hear anything but the key songs, which they only include a few.

It's funny... as a hardcore blink fan, I am annoyed that I basically see a greatest hits setlist when I see them play, but as a casual Incubus fan, it bothers me that they leave any off! Funny how that works.

12. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

13. Cmoney86

Trusted

They played 8 songs off of 8. 3 off of both make yourself and morning view 2 off of A Crow Left of the Murder 1 off of each if not now when? light grenades and science

14. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Really heavy on the new album. I might try to go if I can snag a cheap pit ticket. Don't really care enough to sit on the lawn.

15. TMS2787

Trusted

Eight songs off of 8 is about four too many for my liking. I hope I can get tickets for $10 for this, lol. The Jimmy Eat World setlist is good and expected. It should still be a good show overall.

16. TMS2787

Trusted

According to setlist.fm the second show featured five songs from 8. Which is a lot better, IMO. Also seemed like a few different "old" songs. Does Incubus change the set up each show? I haven't followed them closely and I've only seen them twice - in 2007 and at The Bamboozle 2012.

Also, Jimmy Eat World added another song. So that's good!

17. NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious

They've been known to mix up their setlists, but the amount of changes from show to show has decreased in recent years. I like that they made as many changes as they did, but the song selection dropped from night one to night two in my opinion. Seems they no longer consider SSLW to be a staple, and that ITCOW is interchangeable with it, which it's not.

Night One
    Love in a Time of Surveillance
    The Warmth
    Undefeated
    Redefine
    SSLW
    The Original
    No Fun

Night Two
    Circles
    Love Hurts
    INNW?
    Dig
    Pantomime
    NTKY
    ITCOW

It also looks like 19 songs (with one of those being WIBAM), is their new standard. Generally, their sets are in the 19-21 range. I only hope that number increases and WIBAM is dropped as the tour goes on.

18. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

Haven't seen Incubus in quite awhile, but I could live with that night two setlist. Hopefully, SSLW makes the cut at my date next Sunday.

Also, agreed with the above comment that eight songs from the new album is about four too many.

19. TMS2787

Trusted

Last night the set was 21 songs with six songs from 8. So maybe they'll stick with 21 as the tour progresses? I'm not even sure why I'm so worried about this because I'm mainly going for Jimmy Eat World but I am looking forward to seeing Incubus live again.

20. Ryanjayreviews

Regular

I went the first day of tour just because a friend sold me a ticket for ten bucks. I went mainly for jimmy eat world and was a little disappointed. Most of the crowd just talked through them or used them as a band to get food or drinks to. Clearly every one was there for incubus. Incubus was good. This whole show was pretty okay. Nothing spectacular but if you can go for cheap i recommend it

21. NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious

Yeah, that set last night is a solid one. 5 more tour debuts and brought back SSLW. Not a single song from INNW or SCIENCE.

It seems that the following are the staples so far:

Nimble Bastard
    Anna Molly
    Wish You Were Here
    Pardon Me
    Drive
    State of the Art
    Megalomaniac
    Loneliest
    When I Became a Man
    Aqueous Transmission

22. Incubus was great on their co headliner with the deftones so I'd love to go to this but not in Mansfield. That place is the worst.

23. tomfrombrick

so incubus goes on at 9:05, does that mean JEW hits the stage around 8?

24. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Typically 7:40. They play a very long set.

tomfrombrick likes this.
  25. tomfrombrick

great thanks! i'll be at PNC on Friday and wanted to make sure i catch their set. Its my first time seeing them.