Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Incubus - 8 (April 21, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by kyle, Jan 16, 2017.

1. NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious

New song is pretty enjoyable. The chorus is catchy and liking the general direction they seem to have taken things. Mike's certainly had better solos. I find it fitting that the expected release date for the album is 4/21.

For me, this is how I rank the albums:

ACLOTM > MV >MY > SCIENCE > LG > INNW > Fungus

Honestly, I could make the case that any of my top 4 could be considered their best.

KidLightning likes this.
  2. manoverboard365

Trusted

Only thing that bugs me with SCIENCE is some of the guitar tones. Like A Certain Shade of Green is a great song, but that generic nu-metal guitar distortion really ruins it for me now.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  3. Crow
    Morning View
    Light Grenades
    Make Yourself
    If Not Now When

Don't care about the early stuff at all and never really have

oldboot and mattylikesfilms like this.
  4. New song is solid, reminds me most of Light Grenades. Pumped for some good music from these guys again.

5. I'd probably rank them the same.

KidLightning likes this.
  6. Idk about the ranking thing, but there's one obvious fact : Aqueous Transmission is their best song. I always surprise people when I make them listen to it, and they're all like "whaaat ? that's Incubus ?"

irthesteve likes this.
  7. Ska Senanake

Trusted

No i have... also amazing.

8. RonandTammy

Regular

I appreciate the drugged out version of Incubus.

Onlyadirector likes this.
  9. Fungus was a cool ass album when I was in middle/high school.

10. NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious

Aqueous is a great song, but SSLW is arguably their best. The instrumentation, dynamics, vocals, composition---everything is firing on all cylinders.

Many fans overlook the ACLOTM era of the band in favor of MV, but they hadn't reached their peak in creativity. Their live shows also reflected that. When I first saw them in 2002 I don't recall there being many jam sessions or changes in compositions, except for acoustic renditions of a few songs. I had even checked out on them around the time ACLOTM was released because it wasn't like MY or MV nor other music I was into at the time. It wasn't until seeing Alive at Red Rocks that the album finally clicked.

11. Yes to all of this

12. SSLW ! How could I forget about that song...

13. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Morning View> Make Yourself> Crow> SCIENCE> Light Grenades> If Not Now> Fungus

14. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

SSLW was SOOO good live when I saw them tour for ACLOTM

15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Seriously amazing, that's actually happened to me before too hah

16. vidiviciveni

Trusted

This new song isn't really grabbing me much.

I also seem to prefer a lot different songs from Incubus than most. Aqueous Transmission? Sick Sad Little World? Damn give me almost any track off of Make Yourself over those two.

17. They need to do an entire album like Sick Sad Little World.

18. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

They did, it's called A Crow Left of the Murder >-p

19. irthesteve

It's been a while since I listened to Crow and I'm really pleased at how great this album still is, I tend to forget sometimes because the previous two are always my go-tos, but this album is straight fire start to finish

20. They need to add more jams. Mike kills it during the second half of that song.

21. The end of Pendulous Threads is really cool too. More songs like those.

22. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Second half of Priceless goes pretty balls to the wall

KidLightning likes this.
  23. abw123

Trusted

If Not Now When sucked, but Promises Promises is a great great tune.

These guys are overdue for another great album, single is promising.

24. I think If Not Now When had a few pretty solid jams actually, but overall yeah not really a record I cared to revisit much

NationalPhenomenon likes this.
  25. irthesteve

I always says it's underrated. Way more moody and chill, but a ton of really great songs