Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Incubus - 8 (April 21, 2017) Album • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by kyle, Jan 16, 2017.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

If Not Now, When? is a beautiful album, but I have to be in a specific mood to listen to it. Its not my favorite from them by any means, but I can always appreciate it.

irthesteve and beachdude like this.
  2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Ooooh interesting. Any videos of it?

Philll likes this.
  3. Philll

Trusted

Edited my original post with a link!

beachdude likes this.
  4. beachdude

Well THIS sounds interesting! Pretty groovy

Philll likes this.
  5. Philll

Trusted

They've really under-utilised Ben Kenney on the last couple of albums so I hope he gets a chance to come to the fore a bit more on the next album.

beachdude likes this.
  6. Me likey.

beachdude likes this.
  7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

No Fun is a great opener!

Definitely a groovy track with Ben definitely being under-utilized.

I still hope to get another Incubus record as creative/amazing as Crow..

DesolateEarth likes this.
  8. Philll

Trusted

Crow is my favourite so i completely want that as well, but I don't really expect it from them any more. I'm not saying they're not creative any more, but their ambitions seem more focussed towards making hits rather than pushing the boundaries musically.

9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Damn.. the truth does indeed hurt.

Philll likes this.
  10. Philll

Trusted

vidiviciveni and mattylikesfilms like this.
  11. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Yeah I could go for some more top notch Incubus in life

State of the Art was a jam but the rest of 8 did not have the same confident ease of the band I grew up with

beachdude likes this.
  12. DesolateEarth

Birb

Most of 8 did nothing for me but I'll defend No Fun and Nimble Bastard as 2 of their best songs since Light Grenades.

beachdude likes this.
  13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Loneliest and Familiar Faces tho

14. Philll

Trusted

Y'all seem to have a much higher opinion of 8 than me, I honestly find a lot of it tough to get through. Glitterbomb and Throw Out The Map are the only songs I get much out of, and even they really pale when compared to what this band has managed in the past.

I'd be curious to see if any b-sides ever surface from 8, considering the band's bizarre habit of leaving their best songs off their albums. Bummed that the song with Chino never saw the light of day.

vidiviciveni likes this.
  15. Philll

Trusted

Filming a music video maybe? Perhaps this is happening sooner than I expected.

beachdude and irthesteve like this.
  16. Philll

Trusted

3rd post in a row, what of it? On the off-chance that anyone might be at all interested, I've started a little blog where I'm gonna post about every incubus song. I'm no great writer, but I'm happy to argue with you if you think my opinions are wrong.

Enjoy Incubus?

17. DesolateEarth

Birb

Will def check this out, sounds like a cool idea!

beachdude and Philll like this.
  18. thedrudo Jul 5, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 5, 2019)
    thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Around the 39 minute mark Brandon says new music is coming soon. Single should be out in a few weeks followed by more new tracks every couple of months. They want to "sideline" the album format to just release songs.

kyle, Philll and beachdude like this.
  19. beachdude

This seems like a pretty cool interview from the little bits I watched so far! Will have to watch the whole thing

thedrudo likes this.
  20. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

It's good. The Make Yourself show sounds pretty awesome.

beachdude likes this.
  21. They said something similar when they released that EP some years ago. And then released ā€˜8ā€™.

22. Philll

Trusted

They might follow through this though, it seems they're keen to get new music out but with the make yourself tour coming up they don't have the time for a traditional album cycle at this point.

thedrudo and beachdude like this.
  23. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Either way Iā€™m down for new music.

kyle, Philll and beachdude like this.
  24. Philll

Trusted

Thought we'd have that new single by now. Kinda feels like they're gonna miss the boat on a song called 'Into the Summer'.

thedrudo likes this.
  25. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Ha, was thinking the same thing.

Philll likes this.