Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Incubus - 8 (April 21, 2017) Album • Page 13

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by kyle, Jan 16, 2017.

1. DesolateEarth

Birb

I've only ever gone back to the first 2 songs of this.

beachdude42 and torres like this.
  2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I just gave it another listen this morning. Its still just okay to me.

Larry David and beachdude42 like this.
  3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah, honestly their last two albums are easily their weakest to me. SCIENCE through Light Grenades was a fantastic run, though.

4. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Hard to say it but Incubus relegated themselves to the old dusty trophy case for me with this album. When a band like this stops innovating and downplays their collective strengths, they're no better than 3 Doors Down.

Cody likes this.
  5. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

[​IMG]

beachdude42 likes this.
  6. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Larry David likes this.
  7. DesolateEarth

Birb

I'm not sure 3 Doors Down is a very apt comparison, even for their newer music.

Blainer93, beachdude and Larry David like this.
  8. beachdude

Yeah agreed, I think that’s too harsh

Larry David and Polaris like this.
  9. I still like this album. But I agree, they didn’t push themselves. It’s basically Incubus-by-the-numbers.

vidiviciveni likes this.
  10. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Sorry to bump this, but trying to figure out if their recent tour has an opener? Or is it just them? Going to the show tonight in MD.

11. atlas

Trusted

Saw them live for the first time tonight and cannot fucking believe how good they were. Completely blew away every expectation I had from them. Only played No Fun from this, oddly

12. DesolateEarth

Birb

It's the best song on the album so that's good!

beachdude likes this.
  13. atlas

Trusted

I will not disagree with this statement

14. DesolateEarth

Birb

Nimble Bastard is still also a good song and here's a reminder that the music video for it is wonderful:

15. Loneliest, Nimble Bastard and No Fun are the only ones I still return to. I hope the next album will be way more creative.

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That's a bummer they didn't play more off 8. Was this a festival gig or a headlining show?

17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I never really liked Nimble Bastard but No Fun, State of the Art, Glitterbomb, Loneliest, Familiar Faces, and Love in a Time of Surveillance are all really great tracks.

Overall, I really dig 8.

18. navidson

Regular

Reading that reminded me the first time I saw them - Supporting Korn in 1997!

beachdude likes this.
  19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Just popping in to say that Audiovent is playing a reunion show this Saturday, that is all.

Fox83 likes this.
  20. Fox83

Trusted

Oh wow.

irthesteve likes this.
  21. Randomly came up on two free Incubus tickets for a festival on Saturday. I don’t much care for the other bands but Sheryl Crow and Incubus are back to back and the last two acts on the bill so it totally works out for me to show up just for them lol

mattylikesfilms and irthesteve like this.
  22. beachdude

This band’s run of albums from SCIENCE through A Crow Left of the Murder (and even Light Grenades imo) remains so great. Even though their newer music has fallen off quality-wise, they still have so many great songs in their catalog.

23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Without a doubt. If Not Now, When? and Trustfall have some clunkers for sure but even those records have some amazing songs.

8 was a step back in the right direction. The only songs I can do without is Nimble Bastard and When I Became a Man. I see that record as them kind of shaking off the dust and finding their groove again. If they follow that - the next record could be something really special.

beachdude likes this.
  24. beachdude

I still have some mixed feelings on 8, but there were definitely some major improvements on there. No Fun is a great opener imo

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  25. Philll

Trusted

Anyone heard the new song they previewed live the other day? Called Into The Summer. Got some serious Duran Duran 80's vibes, which I can get on board with.

Video:

mattylikesfilms, kyle and beachdude like this.