Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Incubus - 8 (April 21, 2017) Album • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by kyle, Jan 16, 2017.

1. So is Chino featured on this?

2. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

No

tomfrombrick likes this.
  3. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

It was alright after my first listen. Will give it a few more before I make any final decisions.

truelovewaits likes this.
  4. Polaris

Regular

8 is already better than If Not Now,When? after first couple of listens.
    Sadly it's nowhere near as good as Crow Left of the Murder or Morning View.

5. DesolateEarth Apr 23, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 23, 2017)
    DesolateEarth

Birb

So after my first listen:

This is definitely better than INNW and Trust Fall.
    "No Fun" and "Nimble Bastard" are both jams and a great way to start the album
    After "Nimble Bastard", the album really falls off for me though. The entire middle and much of the end of the record drag and, while there are interesting parts of some songs, the songs themselves don't really hold up.
    Overall I probably won't come back to this. It's not bad, but it's not what I was hoping for.

6. atlas

Trusted

This record reminded me to go back and listen to their back catalog again. Just A Phase is easily their best song imo

suicidesaints and truelovewaits like this.
  7. After a few more listens I like it more than my first. They definitely didn't push themselves, which frustrates me because I know they have it in them to make that unbelievable album. But this is enjoyable.

8. Hmmmm I'd say they pushed themselves more than ever, if you mean experimenting or trying new sounds. But it doesn't always work, I'm not a fan of the last few songs.

9. I think they have a jammy, atmospheric Pink Floyd-esque album in them.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  10. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Second listen today was better than the first! Definitely a good record.

11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

State of the Art is a hell of a song, the second half of this album is pretty strong too. Solid first listen!

12. Jammy Incubus is perhaps my favorite Incubus. Sick Sad Little World is pretty much perfect

13. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

This starts off so strong and then slowly spirals into a mess of an album. It gets rough after the first 5.

14. vidiviciveni

Trusted

This sounds a lot more like Hoobastank than any version of Incubus I remember

15. welp that comparison is spot on, what happened to hoobastank anyway ? besides that the singer still is in Always Sunny In Philadelphia ?

16. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

this record doesn't sound like hoobastank at all?

17. it depends if you're thinking of their early or latest albums. the ones I remember (the last three ones I think ?) shares some similarities with this

18. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Hoobastank sounds exactly like low quality Incubus, the comparison was made almost instantly when Hoobastank became popular, and Doug Robb has always sounded uncannily like Brandon Boyd. Therefore my comment meant that this album = low quality Incubus.

Listen to these two songs back to back if you still doubt

19. abw123

Trusted

State of the Art is awesome.

20. vidiviciveni

Trusted

That's like being the hottest waitress at Denny's

Sad Messiah likes this.
  21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Incubus SCIENCE and Hoobastank Basketball Shorts are the closest these two bands have ever been to each other

KidLightning likes this.
  22. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

this is a gross analogy, don't be gross

23. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

also yeah i'm not hearing grand similarities between the two tracks you posted. if you wanna trash the record do it in good faith imo

24. Hoobastank fell off so much, there were some good songs on the latest album. Too bad they are inactive

25. vidiviciveni

Trusted

[​IMG]

Lol, nevermind that the beat and vocals are nearly identical - I'll trash the record on my own terms whether they're in agreement with yours or not.