Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Incubus - 8 (April 21, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by kyle, Jan 16, 2017.

1. kyle Jan 16, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 22, 2017)
    Out April 21, 2017

[​IMG]

01 – “No Fun
    02 – “Nimble Bastard
    03 – “State Of The Art
    04 – “Glitterbomb
    05 – “Undefeated
    06 – “Loneliest
    07 – “When I Became A Man
    08 – “Familiar Faces
    09 – “Love In A Time Of Surveilance
    10 – “Make No Sound In The Digital Forest
    11 – “Throw Out The Map

2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Sweet. I can always use some new Incubus. Pardon Me was the first song I ever downloaded. Thanks Napster.

Never really got into their earlier stuff aside from a few songs, but A Crow Left of the Murder has always been my favorite from them. I loved the direction they went with this album.

Light Grenades was good too.

Onlyadirector and kyle like this.
  3. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Trust Fall EP did not interest me whatsoever, and if I'm being honest these guys are on a 10 year cold streak. I'm interested but I'm expecting to be disappointed.

suicidesaints likes this.
  4. I agree that it's been a good decade since they were relevant and released a worthwhile album. But I did enjoy the Trustfall EP, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

5. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

I think the Trustfall EP was alright, but Makeout Party was unbearable for me. I have faith this new album will be great, though. Brandon has said that it's turning out to be their more heavier material.

6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Been jamming to A Crow Left of The Murder the past couple days. The guitar work on the album is tremendous. My favorite. of Mike's

Onlyadirector, KidLightning and kyle like this.
  7. New single "Nimble Bastard" due out on February 16.

8. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

9. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

lmao

jorbjorb likes this.
  10. Not a Skrillex fan but I'm interested in the song.

11. vidiviciveni

Trusted

12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'm interested, I thought the album was extremely underrated, but Trust Fall... eh.

Onlyadirector likes this.
  13. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

I think they had some great ideas for Trust Fall but didn't execute them correctly. Some of the lyrics were just.. bad.

kyle likes this.
  14. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I used to fucking love this band. I've barely listened to this band since they released If Not Now, When? though.

15. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

Nimble Bastard is out and is definitely better then anything on Trust Fall: Side A

kyle likes this.
  16. In class so I can't listen to it yet, what does it sound like ? Something new ? Something more similar to their pre-hiatus stuff ?

17. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

this is v good

18. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

sounds like a combo of crow and light grenades kinda

19. YAAAAY, Light Grenades is such an underrated record.

20. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

completely agreed, outside of "love hurts" i think it's their best

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  21. MegT585

Trusted

New song is awesome.

22. There's so much ambiance on that album. Both the harder songs and the ballads are really well written. Love Hurts is indeed the weak point, and feels like it should have been on "If Not Now When" haha

23. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

Wow that was good. That was real good. I've missed this. Already leagues better than Trust Fall Side A.

24. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Really digging this new song. Love the production and guitar tones. Could fit right on Light Grenades.

25. RonandTammy

Regular

They peaked with Morning View.

I've been a fan since first hearing them on the radio back in 1999 with Pardon Me. After Morning View, they turned into a generic alternative rock band which was really unfortunate. Obviously they had some good tracks along the way, but overall not very good.

amorningofsleep likes this.