Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Incredibles 2 (Brad Bird, June 15, 2018) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Nov 17, 2017.

1. atlas

Trusted

Highly recommend going to see this at 11 PM, when there are only adults in the theater, way better that way. Anyways I loved it, super predictable and some minor pacing issues but the characters are just so goddamn fun and the animation is beautiful. Will never top the original but a more than worthy sequel imo

2. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I loved seeing it with a theatre full of kids. I didn’t much like the movie, but it was really nice hearing them laughing and having a good time

3. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Just saw this tonight and I loved it. I thought it was the best Pixar sequel yet. (Granted, I'm not as high on the Toy Story movies as most.) Either way, it was beautifully animated and I thought the plot was great. Now I realllllllly hope we get a third one.

4. tvck

Trusted

Loved it. The animation was fantastic. Obviously that one predictable element took me out of it a little bit, but Jack Jack more than made up for it.

5. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

The fight scenes were so amazing, like they’re able to juggle everything going on better than pretty much all “real” superhero movies

Also the minor aesthetic aspects that call back to the Golden Age are great too - most of the settings looking straight out of the 50s, the old cartoons, the citizens watching tv through the window.

And of course everything with Jack Jack was perfect. Was surprised that the raccoon fight went on for so long but every second of it keeps replaying in my head

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen Jun 23, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 23, 2018)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I rewatched the original a few weeks back after only seeing it in theaters and I definitely preferred this, the first is by nature subtle since it's all about superheroes not being allowed to be superheroes
    Holly Hunter and Samuel L Jackson were both great and I liked what they did with Violet, Jack Jack was great too
    I'm not sure about the politics of this, the idea of a tech CEO being able to get legislation passed is terrifying even if he's right that supers should be legal and Evelyn had some good ideas but she was a Libertarian
    I assume Rick Dicker was a Blade Runner reference
    I know Disney would never have an openly gay character but Evelyn and Void totally were gay right

SpyKi and coleslawed like this.
  7. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I just got out of my screening and I definitely thought Void was for sure in her first introduction with Elastigirl.

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

supernovagirl and cybele like this.
  9. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Evelyn was actually pretty correct tbh. She had a very Watchmen-esque philosophy that was mostly true lol

Though I think the reveal would have been better if Winston was also in on the screenslaver rouse but was pulling a Syndrome in order to bring supers back (+ money), and then have Evelyn double cross him. I thought it was weird that he was completely ignorant of it all.

Also it would have been better if Dicker was in on it with either of them for the sake of keeping his job (either keeping supers undercover or redirecting his department towards helping ingratiate the supers back into society). From the start I was expecting him to play a bigger role than he did

10. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

A fine movie. 7.5-8 out of ten. Definitely lacks the charm of the original.

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

12. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

The crazy thing is it still has to release in Japan (4th biggest global market), Germany (8th), Italy (13th), and Spain (15th), among several countries. There's a solid chance for it to be the largest grossing Pixar movie worldwide.

13. JM95

Trusted

Until next year.

14. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Just saw it...pretty good. As some said, a bit predictable....but still enjoyable. I wasn't blown away by it like I have been by the last few Pixar movies that I saw in theaters.

15. There's a series of fanmade comics floating around on Tumblr with the headcanon that Voyd is trans. Not sure how I feel about people adding something that's not canonically there (and even if it was intended, I imagine Disney can neither confirm nor deny at this point without pissing off a lot of people either way), but it is rather cute.

16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

The short that played before this film is on YT now

19. danielalee12

Regular

took it down before i got a chance to see it :(. however, I saw incredibles 2 last night and i honestly loved it. jack jack is OP and if they make an incredibles video game, he will definitely need to be nerfed lol

20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Sorry, guess I should've said it'd only be there for a week, didn't know that at the time

21. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

I still belly laugh every time Violet sees her crush is the waiter and shoots the water out her nose.

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

This was great. Although the ‘twist’ was super obvious.

23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I also laughed way more than I thought I would.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

on disney+ a week from today

also leaving netflix one day before that

RyanPm40 likes this.