Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Incredibles 2 (Brad Bird, June 15, 2018) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

2. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Could you say that it looks incredible?

I'll see myself out.

3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Tickets are on sale

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Contender likes this.
  5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Seeing this a week from today, if all goes well

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Also, this means absolutely nothing, but I only recently realized the title of the movie is simply Incredibles 2, no "the". Change the thread, Ian!

coleslawed likes this.
  7. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Drop the "The"

michael_gatto and Dan Quinlan like this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

done, it's so confusing because the original was The Incredibles haha

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm with you. Kinda like how the last two Avengers movies dropped the "the" as well

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  12. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

This was excellent. While I enjoyed Monster University and Finding Dory, they both felt like cash-ins. This feels like they really took their time to get the story they wanted over 14 years.

The only weak thing about it is some typical villain motivations, but overall it’s so good.

coleslawed likes this.
  13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Totally would've gone to this if I didn't have Jimmy Eat World the same night (seeing it tomorrow tho.) I don't doubt you at all. And I'm hearing the short was awesome too?

14. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

The short is also great.

15. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Well now this Marvel/Disney partnership makes perfect sense :crylaugh:

Connor and Zilla like this.
  16. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I'm seeing both movies in IMAX tomorrow and I'm PSYCHED

coleslawed likes this.
  17. Serh Jun 12, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 24, 2018)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Loved every minute of this, I don't think there was a level to this movie where it didn't fully deliver. Might be my favorite animated movie since TS3, but I don't want to be a prisoner of the moment, you know

Regardless, "worth the wait" is an understatement

Connor likes this.
  18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

19. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Saw this last night.
    Soooooooooo worth the 14 year wait.

Connor likes this.
  20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Connor and ALT/MSC/FAN like this.
  21. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Saw this last night. I like the first movie more, but there are aspects of this that I think surpass the original. This movie's a lot funnier, and has a handful of really well-executed, really funny joke sequences - it also doesn't resort to lame one-liners and catchphrases for humor as much as the first one, which is nice. There's a scene with Jack-Jack that's particularly hilarious that just builds and builds - you'll know what I'm talking about when you see it. The film's action scenes are just as well executed as the original, if not better too - they move well, are all distinct, and have a lot of personality. The vocal performances are all solid, the direction and editing are really good,

The stuff I didn't like about the film is here below, but it does have some spoilers, so be warned.

The only thing that kept me back from loving it are the pacing of the first third or so, which was Finding Dory-levels of bad. They don't really give a shit about naturally bringing the characters into their predicaments, but instead the characters are just kind of thrusted into the situations that move the plot forward, which is a shame because the first film did that PERFECTLY. Also, there's a surprise villain that you can see coming from a mile away, which I'm getting really tired of Disney/Pixar doing because it's SO common in their films.

I gave the film a 3.5/5 on Letterboxd, but I was pretty close to giving it a 4. It's very good in a lot of ways, but some stuff held it back from being as solid as the first one was. However, it's definitely a solid movie, and the best thing Pixar's done since Inside Out. For reference, I ranked all of the Pixar movies last night, and I put it at #9 out of 20.

22. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Yes, that turn was unbeliavably predictable.

I really had fun with the movie though despite that.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  23. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I honestly loved this. Think I like it more than he original but also some recency bias there. Stellar all around.

24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I saw it last night and thought it was great. Definitely lived up to the original. Jack jack was hilarious, and I really liked how they handled all the kids actually. I’m also glad it picked up immediate where it left off I thought that was nice.

If I have a complaint, it’s just that the last battle felt too easy. I wish the kids and their parents had to fight each other a little bit more, but I mean it wasnt a huge deal. I also didn’t really see the twist coming cus I thought it was so obvious it was her brother that was behind it at first cus he was trying to bring back the supers so he was setting up situations that he knew Elastigirl could handle.
    Also I apparently haven’t seen an animated movie in a while because I had no idea they looked so good now. It made the action feel a lot more tense and I actually jumped at part in the Screenslavers lair.

25. zmtr

Trusted

I've never seen the first one. I need to change that.