Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

In the Spotlight: 50 Bands You Need to Hear in 2019 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 6, 2019.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Hodera fucking rules

trevorshmevor likes this.
  2. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Haha, yep, i'm the singer! Thank you so much! Hope you check out the rest. We actually wrote Waves right before going into the studio/in the studio. Really happy with how it came out.

Patterns in Traffic likes this.
  3. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

Not sure if you've heard of or remember a band called The Morning Of but the chorus reminds me of some of their tunes.

4. Mr. Serotonin

Really? I used to play about 3 or 4 of their songs regularly in high school, haha. Love that band. Which song of mine/which song of theirs for the chorus?

lostawholeyear likes this.
  5. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

No song of theirs in particular. I think it's just your vocals on the chorus of Waves, and the melody reminds of something that they would've written.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  6. Mr. Serotonin

i remember absolutely loving Shine and Heaven or Hell feat. Aaron Marsh

lostawholeyear likes this.
  7. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

Pilot To Base way my jam back in the day.

8. DesolateEarth

Birb

Just checked out Greyhaven and they are awesome!

Mr. Serotonin and trevorshmevor like this.
  9. upload_2019-5-7_22-14-5.jpeg

I’m officially mad at some of you for not looking at my eoty list last year.

10. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I had a long drive to Philly today from MI, so I have been listening to this playlist to check out some new artists and maybe find some good stuff.
    I really loved Greyhaven. They aren’t 100% brand new to me but I don’t think I’ve ever tried to check them out for longer than a song here and there... their song on here makes me want to hear more.
    I liked Save Face, Better Love, Emerson, and Gaby G. I will 100% check out more from them.

The biggest surprise for me was how much I enjoyed Becca Mancari. I am excited to hear more from her. I think I just really enjoy the instrumentation and feel as though her voice fits really well within the song. I don’t listen to anything that sounds similar to this artist, so I think it’s a good opportunity to check out more.

Overall, the songs that were more faster paced/upbeat were the songs I enjoyed most. There didn’t seem to be a TON for me here, but I look forward to the other 25 right after this. After the first few I almost shut it off because I figured it wasn’t going to be up my alley... I’m really glad I didn’t!!

Mr. Serotonin and trevorshmevor like this.
  11. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I wish all the Scott Sellers albums were on Spotify. "The Judge" is the only album on there.

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Microwave was definitely a good comp to offer for Save Face, although the one that always comes to mind for me when listening to them is Free Throw.