Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

In The Heights (Jon Chu, June 11, 2021) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Dec 11, 2019.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

In the Heights centers on a variety of characters living in the neighborhood of Washington Heights, on the northern tip of Manhattan. At the center of the show is Usnavi, a bodega owner who looks after the aging Cuban lady next door, pines for the gorgeous girl working in the neighboring beauty salon and dreams of winning the lottery and escaping to the shores of his native Dominican Republic. Meanwhile, Nina, a childhood friend of Usnavi’s, has returned to the neighborhood from her first year at college with surprising news for her parents, who have spent their life savings on building a better life for their daughter. Ultimately, Usnavi and the residents of the close-knit neighborhood get a dose of what it means to be home.
    The film co-stars Anthony Ramos, Lin Manuel Miranda, Corey Hawkins, Marc Anthony, Melissa Barrera, Leslie Grace, Dascha Polanco, Stephanie Beatriz and Jimmy Smits.

2. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

My wife loves Lin-Manuel, so this will probably be a day one watch, whether I have any interest or not.

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

4. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Crying.

5. mad

I was right. Prestigious

1000% in

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Looks really good

7. I am SO excited

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

they played the trailer to this before birds of prey. i'll likely give this a shot

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

11. just release it to my computer i want to dance

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

they were still doing the score in post production and I guess it won't be ready in time

13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

14. this one hurts

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

yeah it's a major bummer but this is so much a summer movie that needs to play in theaters I get it

16. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

This wouldn't push the hamilton movie would it?

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

probably not Hamilton is just a recording of the stage play so no work needs to be done on Lin's part

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

fuck

19. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I had a hard time understanding from that who she plays in the movie? It’s abuela? Or her understudy? Either way, really fucking sad. That is way too young.

20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

21. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

God I'm fucking ready to just see like eight movies a week.

22. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i’m gonna pay rent to my local regal

TJ Wells likes this.
  23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

bumped up to 6/11

24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

oh shit there were two trailers the other day

25. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I was so ready to just say fuck it and go see a movie now because I want to so bad but between no food in the theaters, masks, and more, it just seemed like it would mean so much more to wait until I can TRULY go back.