Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

In Memoriam • Page 30

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Mar 24, 2016.

1. chris

Trusted Supporter

Harris and Mac Miller both hit me hard and I still think about them pretty regularly

2. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I listen to the two episodes Harris did on You Made It Weird with Pete Holmes quite a bit. He was such a funny guy who really had some demons to battle. Hearing him open up about it all will forever break my heart.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  3. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Oh yea Harris hit me hard since it was not long after hearing his appearance on You Made It Weird

4. chris

Trusted Supporter

His sister wrote a couple pieces posted on her Medium that made me ugly cry at work

5. Jake Gyllenhaal

The end of the Parks & Rec finale wrecked me

[​IMG]

Zilla, Matt, imthesheriff and 4 others like this.
  6. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Harris and Mitch Hedberg for me. Just two completely unique talents and voices that can never be replaced.

riotspray likes this.
  7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

James Gandolfini was hard for me. Not only because of my love of Sopranos but all the interviews I had seen him in he just seemed like such a down to earth and genuinely good guy. Also did some fantastic movies. He struggled with substance abuse which I have as well. The fact that he died in front of his 13 year old son with a heart attack breaks my heart. I lost my father a few years ago to a heart attack, I could not imagine having to witness him actually having the heart attack though.

8. I...completely forgot Gandolfini passed.

CarpetElf likes this.
  9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I know, I watch Sopranos so much that he still seems alive to me then I will always remember it while watching. From what i've read it seems like fame just was hard for him. He didn't want the spotlight but stole the show on Sopranos so quick that he became an overnight sensation. He didn't want it. Just a sad sad story.

10. dlemert

Trusted

I don't think I ever fully recovered from losing Steve Irwin. Was my absolute biggest influence as a kid, I wanted to be him when I grew up.

11. Dog with a Blog

Such a legend

Larry David and dlemert like this.
  12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

At least it's really cool how his kids are keeping his legacy well alive.

jkauf, dlemert and Dog with a Blog like this.
  13. Dog with a Blog

Yeah, his kids are so rad. Robert is like a spitting image of his dad. Both in looks and personality

dlemert and oldjersey like this.
  14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I never liked Steve Irwin when I was a kid so I wasn’t hurt by his death at the time, but now that I’ve learned more about everything he did as an adult I’ve mourned the loss way after the fact. It really is wonderful to see what his kids have done for the legacy.

15. Dog with a Blog

His wife, Terri, is fucking awesome too. That whole family is just amazing lol

dlemert likes this.
  16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

ok I think it's time we stop bumping this thread and giving people heart attacks for a while haha

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

18. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

truly the GOAT.

19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Huge loss. SO many of his films are incredible. Just rewatched The Stepford Wives a few weeks ago. Really wish I could watch All the President’s Men in his honor, that’s probably my favorite, but I can’t bring myself to see Dustin Hoffman anymore.

20. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Aw, man. He was the best.

21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

22. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

secretsociety92 likes this.
  24. Jake Gyllenhaal

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I do wonder a lot how the internet will react when Polanski and Woody Allen finally die

OhTheWater likes this.