Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Imagine Dragons – “Follow You” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Usually, you couldn’t force me to watch an Imagine Dragons video, but the promise of Rob McElhenney and Kaitlin Olson making an appearance convinced me. Woof, that’s a bad song.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. xenoabe

Regular

They actually get worse with each new release.

fbrrocks, 150Wrds and falafelmywaffle like this.
  3. CMilliken

Trusted

Yikes.

150Wrds and falafelmywaffle like this.
  4. BradBradley

Regular

Welcome to the new age.

5. 150Wrds

I saw part of the gang were in it, but stayed away. This made me watch half, but... this is awful.

6. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

The Always Sunny filter made me able to enjoy one watch. God I hate this band though lol

7. Allthegiganticthings

Regular

Why do people hate on this band? Is it just trendy to do so, like the whole Nickelback thing?

I saw them perform live at a KROQ show with a bunch of bands a while back and they sounded good.

Maybe I’m missing something.

heymattrick likes this.
  8. xenoabe

Regular

This is just my 2¢. I didn't hate them when they first came out but they got more and more generic. It just sounded like they were trying to create arena anthems that ended up pretty boring and soulless.

CMilliken and finnstigator like this.
  9. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

The video was actually hilarious but I had to turn it off after the first chorus lol

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  10. Mason

Regular

I don't hate ID by any means and find their early work pretty appealing. (I've even seen them live once which was a great show). But Origins was just awful and Follow You sounds like a b-side to that album . They also released Cutthroat with this release and I like that song a ton more. While by no means perfect, it at least is interesting and not a by-the-numbers song like Follow You.

11. DooDooBird

Trusted

I decided I hated this band when I watched a Beatles tribute special and they did a cover of revolution and it was total dogshit.

12. CMilliken

Trusted

I have given each of their albums a shot. Their first was their best. Each album has a few songs I enjoy but they haven’t created a full album worth listening to since their first. To me there’s a lot of filler.

But I genuinely wouldn’t listen to this song ever again. It’s not a good song. Doesn’t mean I hate the band.

13. Beholdtheriver

Regular

I can enjoy a decent Imagine Dragons pop song for fun (Thunder, Believer, Radioactive) but this right here is one of the worst songs I’ve heard in a long time.

Also - is that the melody for “We Didn’t Start The Fire” right before the chorus?