Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

I'm Still a Ghost. You're Still a Ghost. And That's Okay. • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Lucas27, Jul 8, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I have just one question for you all

2. Dog with a Blog

@Lucas27 is Halloween cultural appropriation to you

3. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Good morning

4. Lucas27

Trusted

Good question. I was just asked this by my great, great, great grandmother this morning because in her time Halloween was outlawed in 36 states (one of which she lived in). I would say that many Halloween costumes portray unrealistic stereotypes of ghosts. The classic white sheet ghost is a cultural myth that has no bearings on the reality of true ghostly appearance. I grin and bear it because I know the living can't be enlightened to the information I have until they, too, are dead. I don't mind that my own avatar isn't a sound representation or that even poignant art house films like A Ghost Story or It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown! unintentionally add to the stigma. Because unlike, say, native American culture, my culture can't be seen and blatantly misappropriated. So, the living have to settle with what's in their imagination. I actually think it's kind of cute.

5. Dog with a Blog

Great answer tbh

Mr. Serotonin, Lucas27 and GrantCloud like this.
  6. Lucas27

Trusted

7. Lucas27

Trusted

I'm sure you're also wondering what my true form looks like now. This is probably the closest you can get to an accurate representation:

[​IMG]

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  8. Lucas27

Trusted

Happy Boo Year.

9. Lucas27

Trusted

Ya knowst... I like being a ghost. Even when I have nothing to boast and no one to host. It’s a humble death I die. But I wouldn’t trade this grave for a hundred lives.

Sorry. I’ve just been really contemplative today. The rest of the days I really just don’t think of much.

Mayra likes this.