Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

If/when music venues open this year, will you feel comfortable enough to attend shows? Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Apr 15, 2020.

1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Thought some of you might find this interesting: events have been allowed again here for two weeks now. Some concerts already happened. The biggest one allowed 3000 people in a room that usually holds 17.000. They had to sit on chairs which were spaced out. Screaming and singing along was forbidden.

I still won't go to a show, or a restaurant for that matter, until I get a shot or something.

Professor Plumbob and riotspray like this.
  2. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I won’t go to a concert that I can’t go open GA for so it’s looks like it’ll be a post-vaccine world for me.

3. heymattrick

Sending my love

I'm honestly okay with the spaced out chairs vs. GA, or even the car drive-in show set up where you get your own "tailgate" space, but honestly the "no singing along" part is the real deal breaker for me.

I know it's horribly irresponsible for shows to happen right now, and incredibly selfish for me to say this, but I will go to a show as soon as it's humanly possible, even with the risk involved. Yes, as I said, incredibly selfish. But going to shows *IS* my life. I went to at least 50 shows a year for the past 4 years, including 65 last year. I have been to two this year. (Technically, 1.5 because I had to leave the 2nd one before the headliner because my friend had a medical emergency). I would take any possible precaution that existed in order to be in some type of crowd and watching live music again. I've been furloughed from my dream job for three months. Pretty much all of my friends I have met through going to shows over the years. Without my job, and without shows, I truly don't feel like I have any purpose in life right now.

4. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  5. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

At this point this is honestly completely believable. I expect to attend a bunch of virtual shows between now and then though, once artists really start figuring out how to make that work.

falafelmywaffle and jorbjorb like this.
  7. J12

Trusted Supporter

I'm comfortable doing a lot of things in my county because we've had tremendously low infection rates. I'm talking like, 17 active cases in a county of ~40,000 people that covers a lot of ground. Most of those are in nursing homes, too. I still wear a mask everywhere and I don't dine-in at restaurants, but I've been chomping at the bit to get back into local movie theaters once those are allowed to get up and running.

But, I wouldn't even consider going to a movie theater in the harder hit areas of my state. What I'm getting at is, I have to travel, at minimum, to one of those areas to go to a show, even further for most of the stops I had planned this summer. And right now, I wouldn't do that.

Given our country's response to this whole thing, 2022 seems like an accurate assessment to me. I have to imagine a lot of bands and venues simply won't make it.

8. heymattrick

Sending my love

I just got a ticket for this!! I can't believe I'm going to get to go to a show next month.

theasteriskera likes this.
  9. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

AJR is the best live band, I'm sure they'll figure out a way to make this amazing for everyone involved

heymattrick likes this.