Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

If/when music venues open this year, will you feel comfortable enough to attend shows? Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Mtlman1331

Trusted

people are selfish, they don’t think it will affect them til it hits home, like they are immune to it and won’t be affected.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  2. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I simply can't see venues opening in major cities particularly in places like where I live (NYC) so unless bands only want to hit up small towns/cities in smaller rooms, mounting tours is going to be difficult this year.

3. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

I really don't think concerts will be happening anywhere until there's a vaccine readily available.

4. manoverboard365

Trusted

Shows aren't happening until 2021 lets face it. But the even crazier thought is that all of these artists are gonna try and tour the second these venues open. I feel like that can get really messy. Every artist is gonna wanna tour at the same time, which will also most likely be the time that hockey and basketball opens up again. I feel like there won't be enough openings in venue calendars to accommodate everything.

5. Darth Annihilus

Regular

Maybe some larger bands will play smaller venues on purpose to be able to get out right away

6. ItsAndrew Apr 28, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 28, 2020)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I have heard this idea floated around but I don't think it's super feasible. Every band scheduled in smaller venues are rescheduling their tours and will want first dibs at dates because they originally had the venues booked. I think it would be a little shitty for bigger bands to take those dates when smaller venues open back up, unless there are clear dates open at smaller venues that aren't being filled otherwise.

7. manoverboard365

Trusted

But I could definitely see those bigger bands doing this maybe as some sort of fundraiser for the venues that are at risk of going under.

8. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Honestly that would probably be a good way of bringing in a turnout to these venues to keep them afloat. Even just for the first few months that venues reopen/we have a vaccine. It's a win win for fans and venues.

9. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Everything is definitely gonna be local and regional at first, much easier than a tour. Would be a great time for bands to play special hometown shows and save their hometown venues!!

10. Austin Schwarm

staybrutalaustn

my mom, my bestfriends mom, & myself all had a run of this mess late last year, except mine was in jan of this year. i swear we believe we had this mess. we all 3 ended up being sick 3+ weeks.

Mrplum5089 and The Lucky Moose like this.
  11. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Same boat. My household was eliminated for about a month

12. Luwana Johnson

Of course yes. After all, no live broadcast will replace the atmosphere at the concert, the emotions that you receive from your favorite song. And if you still come to the concert with your lover, then this is also an extra reason to show your feelings and have fun.

ABRfan3295, JaggySnake83 and Cgarnsay like this.
  13. 333 GANG

ACAB

Have fun!

falafelmywaffle and bachna84 like this.
  14. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

15. Luwana Johnson

16. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

They're just really excited to see the Spice Girls

riotspray, Dirty Sanchez and bachna84 like this.
  17. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Live.Laugh.Love

18. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

19. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Brent, riotspray and Jake W like this.
  20. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

They have a lot of contributers with great senses of humour

riotspray and theasteriskera like this.
  21. 333 GANG

ACAB

Not show related, but this one killed me today

22. sam_might_say

Holy shit

23. sam_might_say

24. sam_might_say

Also:

25. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

for what it's worth, there are over 2 million confirmed cases in the US - the 100K number that he's referring to is the death count (currently 114K) in the US

that doesn't change his point though!

riotspray and Brett Wright like this.