Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

If/when music venues open this year, will you feel comfortable enough to attend shows? Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Knifeparty

You understand the difference between companies working so people can get products for survival versus shows happening just for entertainment, right?

Also, please learn the difference between the words there, they're, and their.

riotspray likes this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

this ain't it, my dude

GrantCloud and riotspray like this.
  3. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Loving this thread

Knifeparty likes this.
  4. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Me too

5. Ryanjayreviews

Regular

All I'm saying guys is that if the states and government says it's okay to go. I'm going to show . But that's just my personal experience

6. manoverboard365

Trusted

Also you can't compare a factory, where the employees are probably required to take necessary precautions of wearing masks, gloves, and disinfectants, to a concert where theres a thousand maskless people crammed in and sweating on top of each other.
    God some people are so self absorbed.

And for the record, the mayors of NYC and LA have both already said this morning that they won't be allowing large gatherings such as concerts and sporting events until 2021.

7. manoverboard365

Trusted

Also would like to point out that first the kid says "I don't interact with older people," followed by "I only see elderly people out." :facepalm:

8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

whiteguyblinking.gif

9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

"yes i will go to shows if they are still scheduled" was literally all you had to say guy

333 GANG, GrantCloud and bachna84 like this.
  10. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

HELL YEAH ROCK AND ROLL SAFETY IS 4 LOZERS.

Mrplum5089 and 333 GANG like this.
  11. Daniel182 Apr 16, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 16, 2020)
    Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Are there any articles on this? Genuinely asking because I haven't seen coverage on it from today.

EDIT: I found it. "May not come back" is different than "they won't be allowing." Not trying to be argumentative in here, but I just want to prevent the spread of misinformation.

12. I won't go to a large public event of any kind until I am vaccinated, have the antibodies (contract the disease, receive a plasma transfusion, etc.), or there is widespread testing. This is way too serious of a threat.

Osceola13 likes this.
  13. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Issue everyone hazmat suits and let us live

heymattrick likes this.
  14. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve gone back and forth on this. I don’t know if working in a grocery store has made me a bit more numb to all of this than a lot of people, but I still don’t think I’d go to a show until one of the three things the person above me said happens. I’m not really thinking about shows now, tbh. At this point all I really want is to get a drink at my local bar with a couple friends for my birthday at the end of next month.

15. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

My bigger question is less about being comfortable with it (I don't think shows will happen until things look very different anyway, so either a vaccine or a big dip in the curve), but more what the live music industry will even look like when we get to that point. There's probably a very substantial percentage of live music venues that will never open their doors again. If we're looking at fall 2021 as a best-case scenario for live music starting up again, which has been thrown out there, I just don't see how small or mid-sized clubs can even survive that long with zero business. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but I don't think the live music landscape will ever be the same, period.

16. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Is late 2021 really BEST case scenario? I’m not trying to be too optimistic but it seems like that is near worst case scenario, especially with J&J saying they can have a billion vaccines ready by next April assuming testing goes well.

17. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Fall 2021 is the projection I've seen thrown around so far. Maybe not the best-case scenario, but perhaps the most likely? I'd be extremely skeptical about anyone saying a vaccine will be ready that soon.

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

if that's the case, or at least the best projections, artists should stop 'postponing' dates and start actively cancelling. I'm sorry, I'd rather have my money back then have a rescheduled Bayside show for Fall 2021.

GrantCloud and ghostxvapor like this.
  19. DonnyFTW

Regular

I’m pretty sure that Fall 2021 article was referring to festivals and alike. I don’t think small clubs will have to wait that long but I guess we’ll see.

20. heymattrick

Sending my love

I thought Fall 2021 was the worst case scenario :shrug:

21. heymattrick

Sending my love

The Fall 2021 prediction was *one guy* who is a director of Healthcare Transformation at a university in Pennsylvania. It’s not something that has been predicted by multiple “experts”. Major cities like NY and LA are just saying 2021. Either way, I guess I still don’t understand how we can predict that far in advance. I still wholly feel like some events will be back on track by fall/winter of this year.

22. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Ultimately we don’t know anything and shows will come back when they come back :verysad:

theasteriskera and heymattrick like this.
  23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

we can't predict the future. that's the whole point. IMO it's better to prepare people for a lengthy absence and if we can make some things happen before then, great, but I'm not exactly going to just write something off as rubbish just because I don't like it.

24. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

If these venues are smart, and assuming that places get opened back up with limitations, they'll think of other non-live music ways to bring in money. Trivia nights for example are a great way to bring in revenue without having to pack in people to capacity on a crowded GA floor. Couple venues in Portland have done them in the past.

theasteriskera likes this.
  25. heymattrick

Sending my love

While I don’t disagree, it’s just unfortunate the extent that the fall 2021 prediction was so widely publicized considering the source. I’m not writing it off because I don’t like it, I’m writing it off because I don’t believe sensational headlines that come from a single source of somebody labeled as an “expert”.