Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Idiot Pilot - Blue Blood (March 12, 2019)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Crisp X, Feb 19, 2019.

1. [​IMG]

And the award for most surprising comeback of the year goes to...

Idiot Pilot, which are back with a new album, 12 years after Wolves, and almost a decade since their breakup.

Here's the announcement:

Bandcamp link to preorder:

[​IMG]

1. Bombs Away
    2. The Pushover
    3. Mammoth
    4. Only so Much
    5. Sideways
    6. Asylum
    7. Murderous
    8. Saboteur
    9. Widespread Devastation
    10. Silver Needle
    11. Aerospace
    12. The Big Sleep

I'm literally shaking! This band means so much to me, and along with Enter Shikari, was a gateway to electronic music subgenres at the time. Who knows what they will sound like in 2019?

Kuri44 likes this.
  2. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

Bizarre. I remember buying their debut based off the fact Hoppus produced a few tracks. I've revisited a few times and it still holds up. Will check this out next month for sure!

3. Crisp X Feb 19, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 19, 2019)
    Their debut was an impressive mix of Indie, electronica, art rock, post-hardcore, ambient, trip-hop, etc.

Wolves was sonically way more alt rock centric, and featured Mark Hoppus as its producer. This time, the electronic drumkit was replaced by none other than Travis Barker.

4. woah!

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The Blood Brothers led me to this gem back in the day

6. A lot of memories with the album this song was on. Crazy they're back together!

Kuri44 and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  7. Kuri44

Yeah this announcement made me do a run through and Now I’m even more excited.

Got me thinking how many great bands Mark’s podcast introduced me to (Motion City Soundtrack, Socratic, Something For Rockets, Idiot Pilot, The Secret Machines, Metric).

9. latortuga

Regular

Whoaaaa throwback. Haven't listened to this band in a hot minute

10. Here's a radio rip of Murderous, which was played on BBC Radio One last night:

Share, Embed & Upload Audio with Clyp

So... this is one of the best songs I've heard this year so far. Surprisingly, the heaviest thing they've ever done and at the same time a perfect mix of both albums. I hope this release doesn't fly under the radar.

11. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Wait, how did I miss this? This is completely shocking news.

12. The announcement did come out of nowhere! And it's a very short rollout, so you'll quickly be onboard.

13. And here's the official link for Murderous. It's like post-hardcore meets math rock meets haunting electronica? Honestly, I'm floored.

14. dastly75

Wow this is amazing!!!

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This sounds so much like And So I Watch You From Afar's earlier stuff. Fucking rips. Not sure if I'm sold on the vocals.

16. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

I loved SWSMH back in high school and it still holds up fairly well. I always described them as screamo Radiohead.

17. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Man I remember hearing these guys on Mark Hoppus' podcast all those years ago but never really looked into them outside of a few songs. This is cool.

18. PauLo

43% Burnt

Damn, now this is a blast from the past. I remember really digging their debut. Will have to revisit it and see how much I remember.

19. Idiot Pilot: Blowin’ doors off hinges | What's Up! Magazine

20. BigMouth Mar 7, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 7, 2019)
    Whoa! These guys are from my town (Bellingham, WA). I've tracked a bunch of stuff at the studio they did the first two records at! This is crazy news.

Edit: holy shit that song (murderous?) on BBC1 rips.

21. Sander

kflkmflkm

What?????? i just rediscovered these guys after like 10 years. the first 2 records rip and were very much ahead of their time.

22. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I need to remember to listen next week

23. It's a banger, confirmed.

Steve_JustAGuy and Kuri44 like this.
  24. dastly75

Didn't expect to get this on a Tuesday!

Steve_JustAGuy and KidLightning like this.
  25. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Some of this rips so fucking hard it's ridiculous. Mammoth is absolutely killer. Saboteur too. The only song I'm not feeling on first listen is Asylum because I don't like that drum beat.

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.