Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

I, Tonya (Craig Gillespie, December 8,2017) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Oct 19, 2017.

1. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Well I think that's what makes her story so interesting and tragic. She did all she could and tried to do right but because of her support system she never had a chance.

2. Morrissey

Trusted

Do you believe that the real-life Harding really did not know about the attack in advance?

3. domotime2

i have no clue. i never really looked into it and only knew what i saw when i was 8 in 1994. But that seems like you're making a different argument and a different critique of the movie. Now you're saying that you think the movie wasn't accurate (although im surprised to hear you care about that aspect as much)

4. Morrissey

Trusted

The movie chose to depict her as a fairly unimportant part of all of the things that happened to her. Whether that was letting her mother chew scenery to win awards, give the funniest parts to the husband and the man he hires, or the decision to portray Harding as innocent, it makes her a less interesting character.

5. domotime2

ah yeah i mean i cant disagree more. i think being in the middle of all of those people sounds like a really difficult proposition to be in. Trying to have to overcome all of those unfair disadvantages, in a sport where 'look' and 'presentation' are apparently important, its fascinating. I don't see the 'unimportant' critique either. She was the one doing all the hardwork, she was the one with the god given talent, and she was the one unwilling to change for the sport. She was also the one constantly going back to the abusive relationship (something we know of being a major issue in our society). I dont think she could have been more in the middle of everything if she or the movie tried.

It was in your face, but i admit, the line of pointing the fingers at US...i liked that a lot.

6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

seeing this today

7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i liked this, was a fun movie.

8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Enjoyed it. Fun is an odd word for the brutal amount of abuse in it but parts were funny. Shawn killed it. Robbie was great

brandon_260 likes this.
  9. OhTheWater Jan 28, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 28, 2018)
    OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Also horrible CGI

stars143 likes this.
  10. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

You try pulling off a triple axel!!

domotime2 likes this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

12. chelsealouanne

Regular

It' been a long time since I fully enjoyed a recent film these days.

13. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

This was okay.

14. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Just came across this...

With a young Sarah Silverman and Dave Attell

Kyle Max likes this.
  15. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

this movie was sick

16. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Just finished watching this! Really enjoyed it.

It figures I Love yet another movie focused on incredibly broken people.

17. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

tonya harding is on dancing with the stars this season