Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

I The Mighty - Where The Mind Wants to Go / Where You Let it Go (October 20, 2017) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by zsoty27, Aug 29, 2017.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Rad for them... just wish it was a better record. Connector & everything else >>>>>

BigMouth likes this.
  2. atlas

Trusted

I know it's almost over but if you get a chance to see these guys on their headliner go do it, they are fuckin killer. also Blake is the nicest guy to ever walk this earth I'm pretty sure

3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Pretty late on this, but I really like this album. The last two are enjoyable but nothing I return to much, whereas this one impressed me much more right away.

Cameron and beachdude42 like this.
  4. atlas

Trusted

I've been listening to this album a lot lately. Replay value is quite high tbh, songwriting is really really sharp

beachdude42 likes this.
  5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Need to return to this

6. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Such a great band. Got to meet Brent Walsh a while back after one of his solo gigs, really cool down-to-earth guy.

7. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

This grew on me. I still skip a few songs and it’s not as good as Connector but Brent can write a damn catchy song.

I’m excited to see Brent solo with Kurt Travis and then the full band with Tonight Alive.

beachdude likes this.
  8. beachdude

Yeah this album is great imo. Not as good as Connector for me either, but it's still great in its own right and has some of their catchiest songs ever.

9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I still think this is a pretty weak record compared to Connector. Easily their weakest effort if you ask me (and don’t count the really dated stuff before the Karma Never Sleeps EP) without a doubt.

With that said; “Pet Names”, “Symphony of Skin”, “Sleepwalker”, “Escapism”, and “Silver Tongues” are all fantastic tracks. I hope the next LP clicks with me much more.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  10. Bumping to recommend a similar and underrated German band, The Intersphere, who are releasing their new album on the 30th. If you were more into I The Mighty's previous albums due to the heavier sound, this band will be right up your alley.

11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Sweet I’ll scope ‘em out

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  12. Thank you for this! That was really good. Also, some of the best production I've ever heard, that mix is so clear but still hits.

13. That and I'm envious of their guitar tones.

14. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

Well thank you sir, these 3 new songs are amazing. Hopefully the whole record will not dissapoint either. The production is really good indeed.

15. Perhaps I should make a thread

zsoty27 likes this.
  16. atlas

Trusted

neato

beachdude likes this.
  17. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Going for another sound shift eh

beachdude likes this.
  18. atlas

Trusted

Heard someone say this song sounds like Citizen which is.... not terribly far off the mark tbh

beachdude likes this.
  19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Is this a b side or new song??

beachdude likes this.
  20. beachdude

I heard they recorded some new songs last year and this is one of them... can’t confirm that 100% but something I heard through the grapevine lol

21. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

You aren’t kidding lmao

beachdude likes this.
  22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

While this sounds better than most of the songs off the last (disappointing) record - it feels a little flat. Especially in the chorus.

23. Crisp X Sep 22, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 22, 2019)
    Late but i finally checked this out and this could become my favorite album after a few more listens. I feel like the melodies are stronger and more memorable now that they opted for a softer direction. The electronic touches are welcomed, and hopefully are signs of what's to come.

Cameron and beachdude like this.
  24. musicfan10

Trusted

Is this band done for good??

25. sawhney[rusted]2 and Cameron like this.