Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

I The Mighty - Where The Mind Wants to Go / Where You Let it Go (October 20, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by zsoty27, Aug 29, 2017.

1. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

New album 'Where The Mind Wants to Go / Where You Let it Go' will be out Oct 20th.

New music video "Silver Tongues" featuring Tilian of Dance Gavin Dance is out now.

2. solxace

oh word?

LOVE IT

3. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

This band gets better with every release. So great.

4. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Really really excited for this.

5. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Super excited for this based on how much I loved Connector.

6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Here for it. Though I still think Karma Never Sleeps is their best work

7. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

New single is phenomenal, these guys just keep getting better and better. Still really underrated imo, hopefully they'll keep growing their fanbase with this album.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  8. sukottokairu

Regular

that new song is awesome, i just recently got into them, just in time for them to announce a new album, i feel sad i didn't listen to them earlier, but lucky that i got to check out their discography and then be spoiled with a new album right away :D

9. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Can never judge this band until I hear the whole thing.
    I hope this is a combo of the last two with a little better lyricism.

10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Never listened to that remix ep they did of Connector. That's a really cool version of The Hound and The Fox on there. Totally out of their wheelhouse, and I respect the experimentation.

sawhney[rusted]2 and beachdude42 like this.
  11. beachdude

Got my advance of this... very impressed so far. They definitely picked a "safe" single in that it's one of maybe two songs that sound like it could fit on their pre-Connector albums. Most of the album really pushes into different styles and genres, but does it really well.

12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Good to hear

beachdude42 likes this.
  13. atlas

Trusted

Where tf are preorders

beachdude42 likes this.
  14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Is there a full track list?

beachdude42 likes this.
  15. beachdude

It looks like they actually sent out the advance I got before releasing pre-orders and the track list, which is definitely not how I'm used to it working lol. I would imagine those things will come in the next week or two.

SpyKi likes this.
  16. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I may be wrong, but I think Jason and possibly Drew got an advance of the new Manchester Orchestra record before it was even announced. Some bands/labels are really weird about that stuff.

I'll make a point to check this out. I don't really listen to stuff that sounds like this anymore, but I like the single and think these guys are very good at what they do.

17. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Who do I have to sell me soul and/or body to in order to get advances in general, but especially for this?

beachdude42 and SpyKi like this.
  18. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

I love the new song but I would have liked some Tilian / Brent harmonies on the track.

beachdude42 likes this.
  19. christsizedshoes

Trusted

Just starting to check these guys out the past few days; kinda surprised I missed 'em before.

Lots of good stuff, but based on very first impressions I'd say the Karma EP was the peak, with Satori being really good too but Connector I'm struggling with. However, the new single is really promising.

20. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I think Connector is so easily this bands best work. More diverse and more interesting songwriting. I'm glad to hear this one tries even more new things.

21. beachdude

Totally agreed. I love their pre-Connector stuff too, but to me that album is where they became a more unique band.

SpyKi likes this.
  22. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Yeah, I think Connector is their best work by a good margin.

23. atlas

Trusted

Pretty dumb that the single has been out for like 3 weeks now and there's still no more info or anywhere to preorder or anything

24. atlas

Trusted

New song is alright. Very poppy. Still no preorders, incredibly

25. beachdude

iTunes preorders are up now... I would guess other pre-orders will go up tomorrow or sometime soon.