Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

I See Stars - Treehouse (June 17, 2016) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Jul 1, 2016.

1. beachdude Jul 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 1, 2016)
    beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

This album completely changed my perception of this band. After the departure of their screamer/keyboardist and rhythm guitarist, their drummer Andrew Oliver switched to being keyboardist and co-vocalist, and Luke Holland took up drums in the studio. The band ditched almost all screamed vocals, and the electronics are far more tasteful, for a surprisingly solid blend of post-hardcore and electronic textures.

sawhney[rusted]2 and marceting like this.
  2. beachdude

I'm still in shock from how good this is, coming from a band I used to consider an absolute joke.

3. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I was kind of surprised there wasn't any talk of this album before now. Great album. I've had it on repeat since I heard it. My gripe is that they titled it Treehouse and had a song in relation to that title. I think it's kind of hard to take your album seriously in this case --- which is unfortunate because it's the most emotional and "real" they have ever sounded.

Fans are going to miss the heavy that New Demons had, but this album is better than anything they have created before.

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. beachdude

Agreed 100%. New Demons wast he first release from them I enjoyed as a whole album, but this blows it out of the water. They focused on their strengths and made a great album.

Yeah, Treehouse is a bit of a stupid title.

5. jordanjohnson09

Regular

if "all in" wasn't a thing then it may have made a run at my album of the year. stays in the top 3 for now though.

sawhney[rusted]2 and beachdude like this.
  6. withchappedlips Dec 6, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 6, 2016)
    withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

7. red8ge

Regular

i really don't listen to this genre anymore but this was a very cool album? i feel like it did what i wanted from issues, i.e. really unashamed pop-stuff and electronic tied with breakdowns and heavier parts. really surprised by the move, interested what they do next

8. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

This is their best album since 3D. They'll never top that, though. imo

9. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Still salty Two Hearted was never released as a single. By far the most accessible and driving song on the album. Should have been able to do big things

10. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Loved 3D but haven't cared for anything since. This however has me interested. Will have to check out the rest.

11. sawhney[rusted]2

Are talking about the release or one song?

It's best if you go backwards, but Treehouse is by far the most palatable and enjoyable overall

12. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Oh I meant this song has me interested in checking out the album/hoping it'll be the first I like since 3D

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  13. beachdude

Treehouse Acoustic EP is out now... really solid honestly.

14. sawhney[rusted]2

Getting around to it...Two Hearted acoustic is pretty....pretty haha

beachdude42 likes this.
  15. sawhney[rusted]2

This album is fantastic (less all in lol) and I’m itching for a new full length

Murder Mitten is still the bands absolute crowning achievement though

zachmacD and beachdude like this.
  16. beachdude

I guess Devin just announced a new solo project “Shybeast”

17. sawhney[rusted]2

[​IMG]

beachdude likes this.
  18. beachdude

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  19. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Everyone else in the band has side projects, and Devin has been really collaborating a lot lately based on his Instagram stories and stuff. It’ll be interesting to see what exactly comes from this, and I really don’t care for the name of the project, but anytime I can get more music from this guy i’ll gladly accept it.

beachdude likes this.
  20. sawhney[rusted]2

Side note: really dumb idea from a marketing standpoint to announce a side project without a single or concrete dates.

beachdude likes this.