Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

I Love You, Daddy (Louis C.K., November 17th, 2017) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Oct 6, 2017.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

if he does that i don't think he will use any specifics. that's the thing about in this case, if he admits to things that's a confession that can be used in the court of law. i don't think he'll incriminate himself or at least lawyers won't let him

popdisaster00 likes this.
  2. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

He'll just say, "I'm a flawed person" or something general like that if he does "admit it"

cwhit likes this.
  3. cwhit

yup. gonna legalese hard

suicidesaints likes this.
  4. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Unfortunately, Louis had years to own up to this, when journalists started bringing it up after the Defamer story ran. Instead, he dodged it and enjoyed massive success. He could have easily admitted he did some terrible things, got help and reached out to his victims.

Instead, just like Weinstein and Spacey, any apology now would feel less like remorse and more like “I’m sorry I got caught.”

5. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

He did reach out to his victims though and we are unaware if he had been getting help.

6. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

His case isn’t helped that one of his apologies was to the wrong woman.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and OotyPa like this.
  7. cwhit

8. cwhit

the fact that these rumors went on for years and he didn’t say this then...nope

9. cwhit

he was aware of this! this isn't something new to him! this isn't shocking to him! this wasn't a private secret! this has been in the news for years and he brushed it off until it was published. this statement could have been posted years ago and he'd still have a career, but now he deserves nothing.

suicidesaints and CarpetElf like this.
  10. "It's a predicament" is one way to put it.. :sly:

11. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

• not a bad statement, in a vacuum
    • he did at least attempt to apologize to the women, but it's still shitty that he did everything he could to keep it all private
    • i still am comfortable in my decision to not support him

12. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Still putting together my thoughts about all of this. It’s been hard for me to reconcile in my head, not that I’m supposed to. I hope he does more than just offer a well-articulated apology. He needs to get professional help.

13. Shrek

i am curious how long he "steps away" for.

14. domotime2

I think that was a well put together statement

15. cwhit

it was a well put together statement (well, other than that he's way too focused on himself and not the victims enough...)

but that doesn't mean that in context it's good. he knew about these allegations, this should have gone out years ago. this isn't news to him

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

17. domotime2

No apology is ever going to be good enough for most people. There's nothing he can say or do to change what hes done. Accepting responsibility for things you know were bad isn't as easy as a lot of people make it out to be.

18. Shrek

you know what's pretty easy? not trapping and jerking off in front of women. matter of fact, i'm at 27 years of a clean slate! you're reaching the "defending the asshole" end of the spectrum

19. cwhit

as i said, he should have put this out years ago, not when he was finally backed into a corner and this was his last chance to do something. and also, as people say, he never actually says sorry to the women. he only talks about getting forgiveness for himself.

20. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, I’d rather have that statement than not have that statement, even if it is too late at this point. At least he is not denying it or making excuses. Still not going to support him, but it’s kind of refreshing to get a statement like this that does emphasize the harm he did to the victims.

cwhit likes this.
  21. cwhit

i agree with that. some apology is better than none even if it's too late to matter

22. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Also conspicuously missing is any sort of explanation for the whole "shoving an unnamed women into a bathroom" thing that he tried to apologize to the wrong women for.

That part is the most worrying revelation out of all of this for me

23. domotime2

I do agree that I wish he said something earlier became it blew up but for a lot of people who do bad things... sometimes you wish they just go away. It's fools thinking and putting it off makes it worse but its hard.

24. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

2 thoughts:

1) This whole thing makes me sick.
    2) There is no way in hell that there are only six people wronged by this man in this specific way.

electro haikus likes this.
  25. Shrek

yeah but his statement could be hallmark literature and it wouldn't be worthy of applause. he is a grown-ass man admitting things he did wrong only after he had no other choice and it started to hit the internet. that is the literal bare minimum.