Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

I Love You, Daddy (Louis C.K., November 17th, 2017) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Oct 6, 2017.

1. I know a lot of talented people worked on the movie, but Louis wrote/directed/produced and starred in it. Is there a right way and time to release this? Maybe release it and donate profits to a charity, or release it for free? This isn't exactly a Wind River situation. Louis is so ingrained into this movie.

2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

just don't release it. let him eat the costs, who gives a fuck

no shot at Joe btw

Ken, Signifire and Joe like this.
  3. Ya, that might be best.^

electro haikus likes this.
  4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

it's like the pwr bttm situation. the label who has the rights to the album doesn't want it released. if louis has all rights and is able to put it out, he can do as he wants. but if any company who has control over it doesn't want their name on it, he is shit out of luck

Ken, Joe and electro haikus like this.
  5. OotyPa

fall away

Gotta be honest, i didnt read this thread or know much about this movie. Ive never heard the rumors till this article. My heart is broken. Louie was one of my all-time favorite comedy shows... this feels like such a betrayal. Maybe I should have known better or been more informed, but I’m honestly so blown away by this. Incredibly disappointing.

6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

why does he want to masturbate in front of so many people? people are so weird.

suicidesaints, FTank and domotime2 like this.
  7. cwhit

have you ever been on omegle or chatroulette?

also to repost from a twitter thread dom posted...

RyanPm40 likes this.
  8. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I haven't, I don't think I've ever come across this happening before. Very strange to me that it's a thing.

FTank likes this.
  9. From that Twitter thread:

10. Well shit.

I'm curious where Pamela Adlon stands in all this.

11. cwhit

I’m so so so very torn about better things right now. It’s Pamela’s baby and the episodes are so important in content but Louie did write/co-write every episode this season...

Why Bother? likes this.
  12. Wasn't there a scene in Louie where he really forced himself on... Pamela? Or was it another girl? I remember I found it was awkward and difficult to see.

Also the theme of I Love You, Daddy makes everything all the more disturbing.

13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

With the current season being done, I'm definitely paying close attention to what Season 3 shapes up to be.

14. cwhit

i'm about halfway through season 2, think i'm holding off for now

15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I totally forgot that Baskets is also part of his production company, along with Louie and Better Things

16. OotyPa Nov 9, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 9, 2017)
    OotyPa

fall away

He blocks Pam from leaving his front door which eventually leads to them having sex (consent is meant to be questionable. She obviously agrees along but it’s not a resounding yes)—this supposedly gets “redeemed” when Pam shoves a dildo in his ass a few episodes later during genderswap sex, then breaks up with him.

17. cwhit

louie produces but he only wrote the premier of baskets. i feel that writing is a much deeper aspect of a show than producing, makes me feel weirder

18. cwhit

there are episodes this season louie served as the only writer, not even with pamela, solely him. i feel weird about watching those episodes

Signifire and electro haikus like this.
  20. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Gotta give them a lot of credit for that

joe.boy.fresh. and popdisaster00 like this.
  21. Louis typically uses his email list to share info with his fans. Wonder if he'll address this at all in the near future.

suicidesaints likes this.
  22. cwhit

doubt it, there is zero benefit for him to do that. if he admits it, lawyers can use it against him. if he denies it, it continues to ruin his career. i don't see any way for him to benefit from a message and i don't see that he'll do something otherwise

suicidesaints and popdisaster00 like this.
  23. He'll make an attempt to come back from this. Doubt he'll just fall into oblivion.

24. I don't know why but I have this thought that he isn't going to deny anything. I think he'll admit and own up to being a terrible person. We'll see.

OotyPa likes this.
  25. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

So this was on the schedule at my local theater for today and now it’s not. Crazy.