Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

I Love You, Daddy (Louis C.K., November 17th, 2017) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Oct 6, 2017.

1. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

early reviews seem iffy, although reading into them seem to indicate that this still might be worth a shot. This is where moviepass comes in handy.

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I guess my mindset about the entire thing is this:
    When both the Weinstein and Spacey news broke, we were bombarded with numerous references in pop culture and media to people calling it out for years. If formal allegations come out about CK and we all chose to ignore the comments made by Kirkman and Tig and Roseanne Barr, do we all just plead ignorance? "Oh it was too vague" and then we move on with our lives? Even though it's already being touted as an "open secret"? Idk

I'm not calling for a complete abandonment of his career. I think Louie and Horace and Pete are two of the better shows to come out in a long time and I adored his standup. At the same time, his own weird silence about the matter coupled with the varying reports about what he did put a really bad taste in my mouth for any work he's been a part of. I might see this. I won't pay for it and I can guarantee that I will have all of these allegations in the back of my mind whether they are true or not.

I think for me Tig's comments are the reason I'm not so on the fence anymore. For her to say what she said simply based off of Kirkman's vague comments makes it seem like she knows as much about the comedy world as I and the other dorks on this website. She's engrained in the culture, she's worked with a ton of other comedians, including closely with CK. To think that she made those comments on mere hearsay is a bit naive.

3. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Tig was kind of the tipping point for me too. I just know that CK and Tig were (good) friends for a while and now they don't speak. That just doesn't happen for no reason.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen Nov 9, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 9, 2017)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

"A source tells The Hollywood Reporter that a New York Times story on the comedian is about to break, and the premiere was canceled in case it is damaging. His planned Friday appearance on The Late Show With Stephen Colbert was also canceled, with William H. Macy taking his place on the CBS show."

5. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

well, that looks bad

6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Welp

7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

"For weeks the NYT has been prepping a story about Louis CK and calling everyone in the comedy world and Hollywood, my sources have received calls...it appears that story will be published soon. Per @THR the premiere for his movie has been cancelled."

Twitter doesn't work at work for me

8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

well, we all knew this was coming

9. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Finally, something definitive. RIP asshole

suicidesaints likes this.
  10. cwhit

i hope his role as part of better things is small enough that the show can continue without any bumps, i'd feel so horrible for pamela

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

She directed every episode this season and could probably write the whole thing,his involvement this season has hindered my enjoyment some

electro haikus likes this.
  12. Shrek

i have yet to watch a single ep of Better Things and i bet im fucking up

13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Tbh you gotta kinda side eye the people who continue to work with him if the allegations were such an "open secret"

14. cwhit

i've gotten really into it recently, the relationships between pamela's character and her daughter and her mother remind me of my mother with my sister/grandma

i agree somewhat but we've seen from this that men with allegations still continue to get work and if they have power over the women they are working with, it's a risk for the women to call attention to it/stop working with them. knowing that it's hard to really look down upon people like pamela in this situation

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I'm kinda surprised no one thought this movie was a bad idea even before this political climate

16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Scared for the article

17. Shrek

i've already pretty successfully distanced myself from his work. louie and horace & pete are bonafide works of television art, but we are in an age where there is more good TV than i could ever hope to watch so those are easy to put in the rear view.

honestly, louie was a huge part of getting me into comedy on a deeper level, but i've since then found a much more comfortable comedy niche full of folks who i look up to and know they are better people than this.

18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Since he financed it and edited it himself, I'm going to guess there weren't any higher-ups that could say no to it.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  19. cwhit

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I was thinking the actors but I guess they found the script funny

21. Shrek

well, there we go. what a fucking creep.

22. cwhit

and it's exactly the rumors we've been hearing for years too. really nothing different

23. Shrek

other than his letting slip that he had laid his hands on/shoved an unnamed woman in the bathroom

24. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

fuck him.

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen