Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

I Feel Pretty (Marc Silverstein and Abby Kohn, April 20,2018) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Feb 7, 2018.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

cast also includes Tom Hooper, Rory Scovel, Aidy Bryant, Sasheer Zamata, Lauren Hutton, Adrian Martinez, Busy Philipps, Naomi Campbell, Rafe Spall, and Emily Ratajkowski

Busy getting Michelle Williams to do a comedy secures her spot as my favorite person

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen Feb 8, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 8, 2018)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

3. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

hmm

4. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I may check this out

5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Uhh... maybe?

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Moved up to April 27th

7. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'll watch it with MoviePass for Rory, but imo this looks terrible.

I Am Mick likes this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

9. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Somehow missed this until I saw the trailer before Game Night today.

Holy shit does this look like offensive, body-shaming, garbage

I Am Mick, OhTheWater and Anthony_ like this.
  10. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Agreed, and this is coming from someone who was a fan of Trainwreck

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh yeah, this was horrendous

12. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

You saw it? What

13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Advance screening. Felt like I waited the entire film for something funny or clever or original to happen and... nothing. Easily the worst movie of the year for me thus far

14. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

am i correct in assuming the entire humor is that it's funny because she's actually "fat" and "ugly" because my friend wants to make me go see this and i really would like to Not.

15. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I want this to be good/successful because of Rory but everything I’ve seem doesn’t inspire confidence

16. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I don't even know if I want to sit through this for Rory, and that's saying a lot. He's one of my favorite people ever but I don't think I can stomach this movie.

17. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

The comments on this are awful. People are fucking ruthless.

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

From this it seems like that's not the case

19. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Abysmal. Dreadful. So, so bad. Probably the worst movie of the year so far.

20. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

woah. now I'm a little curious to check it out. may be a good Sunday afternoon MoviePass.

21. eight30

Regular

I was very bored by this.

22. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Can’t get over how bad this was; score, editing, writing, cinematography — everything. And I think I slightly chuckled once.

23. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I popped into this for a solid 25 minutes today and was shocked by how bland it was. There wasn't a single comedic moment. It's just Amy Schumer going "Can you believe how hot I am now" and people sort of humoring her and nodding.

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

unsurprisingly I liked this more than some others here
    it's such an airplane/ 3 PM on a Sunday afternoon because it happens to be on TV movie and sometimes you need those
    I loved Michelle Williams in this, I like that the whole thing is she has a baby voice but she doesn't just use her Marilyn Monroe voice, also her saying Kohl's was great
    I don't know how Renee was able to afford an apartment in New York without roommates
    there was some tonal issues like at times it was be your best self you are beautiful no matter what you say but at times it was more mean spirited, but I don't think that aspect was as bad as the trailers made it look
    if Amy's style of humor/vibe isn't your thing I get it but the amount of negative reaction to this seemed greater and not like people shouldn't critique her but who's writing thinkpieces about Kevin James you know
    it was nice seeing Rory in a lead role

trevorshmevor and supernovagirl like this.
  25. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Thanks for your input @iCarly Rae Jepsen
    I went on a whole rant about it to my friend but haven’t posted here since I haven’t seen the movie
    But I do generally feel that the criticism towards female comedians is super misplaced and sexist. Like you said there are no shortage of male problematic comedies but they aren’t critiqued so heavily.