Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

I Expect Zero People to Smoke Weed at Coachella Now

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Marijuana will not be allowed at Coachella:

Sorry bro. Marijuana or marijuana products aren’t allowed inside the Coachella Valley Music And Arts Festival. Even in 2018 and beyond. If that changes we will update this answer.

2. What's with the no unbrellas, parasols only rule? That sticks out to me as really odd

David Parke likes this.
  3. mercury

modern-day offspring fanatic Supporter

you'd think that's strange, until you have the experience of being at a festival where someone tall in the front row has an umbrella and is using it in broad daylight

4. Haha yeah I mean, that part I get. But wouldn't a parasol create the same obstruction? I'm just confused why one is allowed and the other isn't.

5. mercury

i don't actually know the reason and it could be entirely unrelated, but parasols tend to be a whole lot smaller? idk it's not cool to have someone standing in front of you with either a parasol or umbrella but if I had to pick one it would def be a parasol

trevorshmevor likes this.
  6. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Better idea: everyone is allowed to smoke marijuana, but nobody is allowed to talk about it.

David Parke, Brent and mercury like this.
  7. moosic

Hear hear!

“Sorry bro”?

That’s the most cringe-worthy thing I’ve heard in a while.

Marijuana means less alcohol sales, and alcohol is SO expensive at Coachella. Maybe MJ will be allowed when they acquire a license to sell it.

Raku likes this.
  8. Iamhollywood315

Regular

haha. what they don't want to their food vendors to make a shit ton of money? Legal or not in CA it doesn't matter the place will be up in smoke regardless of what they say. Coachella should take a different approach and charge food vendors more than alcohol vendors to make and make it a PSA to people that can bring their dispensary weed in. but contracts are most likely already in place. Honestly think they could capitalize on the situation and I'm not even a weed smoker.

Analog Drummer and David Parke like this.
  9. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Probably just trying to avoid any potential legal issues, in theory it’s completely fine since it’s privately owned land but this is still new territory for a festival as big as Coachella

10. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Ayy lmao

11. Orville

You cant charge food with nearly the same margins as booze, booze requires less labour cost and material cost to serve, in order to reap the same margins food would cost more than anyone would ever be willing to pay, stoned or not.

12. moosic

Hear hear!

If you get a GA pass to Coachella, expect to wait in huge lines and pay exorbitant prices for mediocre food and drinks.

If you get VIP, expect the same thing with slightly shorter lines, slightly nicer bathrooms, and a much more expensive ticket.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Coachella. But it seems to be so much less about the concertgoer and so much more about profit.

Plus, the owner/ceo or whatever is apparently some anti-gay conservative, etc.?

Doesn’t matter, people will continue to go.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  13. Analog Drummer

Regular

I think I’ve been told before that umbrellas are little bit of a weapon too

14. mercury

this is probably the actual reason ahah

15. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

naaaaaaaaaaaarcs

16. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

17. Malatesta

one of my fav games! i think there are a few fans in the videogame thread of it

PandaBear! likes this.
  18. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, when I completed it back in 2017 I poured my heart out in that thread on how much I love it! Only frustrating thing is I cant 100% it because 2 of the achievements are broke on PS4 :tear:

19. Malatesta

booo even with the new updates? I know Alec has been hauling ass to squash bugs on PC but the PS4 update situation may be different

20. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Holy shit I just checked and I think they are now fixed!!! They prioritised PC fixes first, but at the very least I think the journal bugs have been fixed on PS4, which is the most important one to me as I badly want all pages. Thank you for prompting me to double check!

Spencer Control likes this.