Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

I can't find a song/album/artist! Help! • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Going back and reading through this thread is a trip lol

coleslawed likes this.
  2. Cantfindthatsong

Guys I need help I cant find the song anywhere because I dont know any lyrics but the song reminds me of wrecking ball by miley cyrus when she sings:
    I came in like a Wrecking ball
    I've never hit so hard in love
    all I wanted was to break your walls
    All you ever did

and a male dude is singing it and I think its a bit older but from 1980 until 2010 it can be everything

3. red8ge

Regular

does anyone remember a Party in the USA parody that some pop-punk band made in like 09 or so that was about playing shitty venues? I know it made its way around AP.net

4. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

idk if this is it but I sung those lyrics to the tune of Gotye’s “Somebody That I Used to Know” in my head.

5. AKali19

That always happens to me.

6. AKali19

It probably is Gotye's song. Sang it in my head too.

7. jul78000

Hi all,

the "Big Little lies"'s soundtrack make me think to another song I have already heard... specially the chorus at the begin at this video :

Does anyone have any idea ?

thank you !!

8. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Renegade by Abandoned Pools?

9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Looks like the bots have taken over this thread.

10. jul78000

Why do you say that ?
    I have still no reply to my question :

11. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

This is probably a huge longshot. There was a band around the Pure Volume era that I think had some variation of “in”, “her”, and/or “memory” in the name. If I remember correctly the band name had no spaces either, the words were just together.

12. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

https://m.facebook.com/InMemory-21666251871/

That it?

13. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Colby Searcy likes this.
  14. Jeroen Sempels

I am looking for a song from the 90's I think.
    From a mail black singer with a deep voice (like barry white)
    I only remember the first few lyrics. It whas a catchy upbeat tune :)

Lyrics: I sit by the Phone....sit all alone, waiting for you to call and tell me you wanne come home.....

The clip whas the man singing with a few beautifull background dancers with some disco lights…
    Hope that is enough for somebody to recognize it :)
    Thx all

15. Matthew Fuller

Okay, thinking of a band from the mid to late 2000s. They had a long, almost Japanese sounding name. I can remember one of the songs on their album had multiple ; and )))'s in them. They were kind of orchestral indie pop. May have been from Chicago? Not sure.

They would have been a RIYL for like As Tall As Lions or someone like that

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Orchestral indie pop like Kay Kay and His Weather Underground / Forgive Durden / Anathallo?

17. Kosta1976

Hi everyone!

does anyone know this song? - Vocaroo | Voice message , Shazam doesn't recognize it and google cannot find it. The song is on English and French language.

18. Not that close to your description but who knows... Polyenso?

19. Jason

Regular

There was a band called A Better Fall. I think I discovered them back when Purevolume was popular.
    They had a song called ABYB and another called The Spins. Anyone here ever heard of them or know any of their members? I can't find anything about them online and I forgot where they were located.

20. deepfriedtunafish

the backyardboyz

21. bearcat22

I'm amazed how difficult it is to get onto a forum these days! All these stupid rules.
    I'm just trying to float a Message In A Bottle.
    I don't have any more details than I am giving here. I am trying to find a specific song.
    It was sung in a black and white movie, not sure what decade. I am GUESSING it might be 1930s.
    The theme was a lonely Hillbilly. He lives in one place, and the girl he loves lives in another.
    He refuses to move. She refuses to move.
    I DO NOT REMEMBER exactly which was which, but the lyrics go something like,
    "I'm way up here, she's way down there, so I guess I'll have to die on the mountain"
    It could be the reverse. One is in the valley, one in the mountains.

22. Xyce

Does anyone know the name of the song that is played in this video?

23. MuckDuck Nov 6, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 6, 2019)
    MuckDuck

Formerly Jumpoff

There was a pop-punk/pop-rock band like 10 years ago that had a pretty catchy song but I think the lead singer had cancer/died shortly afterwards. Anyone happen to remember which band this was? I think the song was essentially about waking up and wishing your ex was still there or something.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was Never by The Future Kings of Nowhere and I guess the guy didn't die so that's cool!

joey-wan kenobi likes this.
  24. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

It looks like my work here is done * wipes off hands *

coleslawed and MuckDuck like this.
  25. Jack Shaw

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me find the name of an album and the artist. I can't remember the name or artist but I remember the cover art. It basically just four men in suits stood in front of a green background. It's sort of cartoon like. I remember listening to it as a kid but I imagine it is quite a hard to come by album.

Thanks
    Jack