Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

I can't find a song/album/artist! Help! • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. heresyourletter Mar 19, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 19, 2019)
    heresyourletter

Need help finding a summery pop punk acoustic band that had some backing drum tracks. Thinking it was mid to late 2000s era.

Thinking they were signed to a large label but never really took off

And palm trees keep popping in my head when I think of album cover

2. Mason

Regular

Was it entirely acoustic?

3. heresyourletter

I think so. I remember acoustic with drum tracks. A real summer/beach feel to it.

Hell they might even have summer in their name

4. Mason

Regular

hmmm, I was gonna say maybe Jack's Mannequin "Everything in Transit" since its early 2000s and palm tree cover. But that's prob not it. If something else comes to mind, Ill let you know.

heresyourletter likes this.
  5. chrisstahl

Newbie Prestigious

Endor was fronted by Nate Barcelow's (Finch) younger brother. I used to go listen to this tune from time to time on their mypsace.com/endorslays page, but it no longer plays. Can't find it anywhere online.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  6. chrisstahl

Newbie Prestigious

Andddddddd I randomly searched on eBay and found an unopened copy of their EP with 4 tracks on it.

7. myawrld

Regular

Can we just turn this into the recovering local band’s music thread?

8. Coonsatron

Old APer Supporter

There was an album released in the past few years that had an intro song with the lyrics
    "All I know / I learned in / kindergarten" repeated a few times
    It's driving me crazy that I can't find it because googling the lyrics just gives me the poem.

9. Coonsatron

Old APer Supporter

Fang Island!

10. denisnielsen

Does anyone know how I can find a copy (either physical or digital) of music documentaries "Feats First" about Lowell George and Little Feat/ and "Breaking a Monster", on the kids' metal band Unlocking the Truth... I've been having NO LUCK AT ALL in finding neither of these movies, because the only way to watch both of them seems to be as a member of AMERICAN Amazon Prime, IF you have an american-issued credit card, which is not my case... (please note I'm a paying member of Amazon Prime in Brazil, which has no access at all to those titles)
    So, if anyone in the world knows how I can get my hands on those two movies, I'd very much appreciate it.
    Thanks!

11. raaaaaaaady

Regular Supporter

Now here's a truly long shot: I heard this great song while in a bar on vacation last summer, and it just happened to be the one night I left my phone in the hotel. I couldn't make out enough lyrics to find the name, but I would love to find it.

The closest reference point I can make would be Stars, specifically songs like Fixed or Ageless Beauty. It was female vocals and mostly drums/bass/guitar, but it was a bit more beat driven and dancey than those songs. It had that same type of wistful melody as those two songs. Production wise, it definitely sounded no older than, say, 2015 or so. It wasn't a long song either, and had a pretty basic verse chorus structure.

12. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I just heard a song on the radio with a female singer and the chorus repeated something like "don't even have to touch, because I feel so much," but now when I look for it, nothing pops up.

It sounds to have been from around the early 2000s and is a pop song.

13. RyanRyan

Reaching but trying to find a song by a female-fronted band. The album artwork is a weird edited picture of a woman with a pill on her tongue, and they had an album prior that was pastel red with three woman in a black and white picture. They were a very popular female indie band and I’ve no bloody idea what they’re called. Sigh. They were in the same vein as Soccer Mommy, Snail Mail, Chastity Belt, Kississippi etc.

14. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Silk Rhodes?

15. RyanRyan

Unfortunately not! Thanks anyway though!

16. LAITYSA May 10, 2019
    (Last edited: May 12, 2019)
    LAITYSA

Does anyone have a copy of the self titled Shh... This Is A Library release? It was a pretty limited run, but I can only find some shitty rips of it. I would love to find a high quality digital copy of that record.

17. nikolakis737n May 28, 2019
    (Last edited: May 28, 2019)
    nikolakis737n

hi guys i wanna your help with this song is little sec and i wanna to find name of that music if I find someone I would appreciate it!
    Shazam
    Thanks!

18. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

The Rocket Summer?
    or NeverShoutNever, they had an early ep called The Summer

19. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

before football games in high school we’d all jam out, and one of the seniors when I was a sophomore (2005-ish) put on an industrial cover version of Kashmir by Led Zeppelin, but I've never been able to track it down.
    Rammstein was my initial assumption, but haven’t found anything from them.

20. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Anyone remember Nic Newsham's band Keith Ledger? Does their song Kobe Bryant in the Fourth exist anywhere?

21. frambueso

Hi, I would like to know the singer of the song, thank you very much.

22. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I've been trying to remember a song by a pop punk band from several years ago. I'm fairly certain they were covered on AP.net but obviously can't check that now haha.

Anyway they had a video that took place in a house and I remember a guy being in a bed and like waking up or something and singing throughout. I thought it was As It Is but after listening to their albums and watching their videos it's not them.

It had a very ballad-y vibe to it I believe.

I'm sure I'm not being very helpful but that's all I can remember

23. raaaaaaaady

Regular Supporter

Perhaps Unwritten Law's song Seeing Red?

24. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Nah, it's more recent than that! I know that song really well!

25. JamesSparrow

Sounds like it might be Bleached? They had an EP that fits the first description and a LP the fits the other.

[​IMG]