Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

I can't find a song/album/artist! Help! • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. mad

I was right. Prestigious

2. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Trying to remember a song, here's everything I can think of about it:
    - pop-punk ish / kinda fueled by ramen-y sounding from probably 2004-2007
    - female vocalist
    - I think there's some synth in it?
    - the song is called "the queen of ____" (can't remember the last word)
    - I think the band name is The followed by a word that starts with S (I think)
    - the only lyrics I can remember is "I'm the queen of ????"
    - for some reason I think the album cover is a black and white pattern or sorts

thanks to anyone who can help with this weird jumble of clues lol

dvdjmskng likes this.
  3. dvdjmskng

The horizon is my home... Supporter

You're pretty much exactly right with all of your clues! You're after Queen of Apology by The Sounds -

:thumbup:

Butinsmallsteps and mad like this.
  4. mad

I was right. Prestigious

dvdjmskng likes this.
  5. Dog Fish

Mutt

Does anyone know where I can listen to Opposite Sides (version 2) by Manchester Orchestra?

DangerLad likes this.
  6. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

I remember there was this song circa 2010, that ended with the lead singer asking "Are you ever gonna change?" then the music ended.

and idk why I keep thinking that it's the academy is, but it was one of those sounding bands haha.

7. lina555

Regular

Are you help me? This song is soft-rock maby and song is really look like to "Lady in red".
    These songs were on the wave of popularity at approximately the same time.
    Sorry of small quantity of clues)

8. lina555

Regular

I found this song!! I know I gave no information but I found! Bryan Guy Adams - Were ever you gone)

9. BWP

Trying to remember the album/band...

- It had a yard/dog on the cover (looks similar to in style to the new Menzingers album)
    - Band is currently inactive, I think
    - Released in the past few years
    - Band has ties to The Wonder Years, either through their fans liking the same band or TWY touring with them, can't remember.

Anyone know what this was?

10. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

The Albratross by Foxing???

11. BWP

Thanks for the guess but I finally figured it out. It was The Swellers.

Butinsmallsteps likes this.
  12. Dog with a Blog

God, this is going to be such a vague description but I been looking for this song for like a year or two now. It probably came out like seven years ago, I feel like the vocalist was this big burly dude with glasses, it was just kinda indie rock like So Long Forgotton that sort of stuff, and I swear there is a lyric about his father being an alcoholic and the next line is about his sister or vice versa. For some reason my brain thinks “Lionheart” but they are hardcore and this was not. Lol that was the worst description of a song ever but that’s honestly all I remember

13. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I don't know what song is playing but I want to.

14. Rhythmandbrews709

Total long shot but I'm looking for a couple of songs by a band called Mugshot, specifically "What Would You Say" and "Cadillac Sue". They were a power pop/pop-punk band from Canada in the early 2000's. One of their members gained a little more success in the band Not By Choice. Can't find any YouTube links and the mp3's I had are loooong gone.

#firstpost

P.S. Been following this site since the early AP days.

15. Kennedy

whenever people say theyve been following since AP days but theyre just posting now i kind of think theyre lying

bachna84 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  16. Rhythmandbrews709

Haha. Fair enough, I suppose. I have no way to prove it all the same. Farthest memories I can muster in my brain were certain band feuds and when the holiday snowflake script was introduced.

17. Kennedy

im kidding. i more so just dont know how you resisted giving into trolls for the past decade of your life.

18. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Follow up, someone randomly mentioned them on FB, the band was Daly's Gone Wrong lol

RileyWitiw likes this.
  19. thewmaynes

http://johnnymainstream.bandcamp.com

Probably a long shot but does anyone have or know where I can buy the song "The Song I Committed Suicide To" by a band called The Sun? I used to have it and I have been looking for it for years.

20. Dog with a Blog

someone halp

21. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

There was a band I used to love in the mid 2000’s I would guess. I know the word “memory” was in the band name. It was stylized with no spaces in the name, if I remember right. Anyone?

22. Rhythmandbrews709

Memoryhouse?

23. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

24. Rhythmandbrews709

A Cursive Memory? Otherwise, I got nothin else...lol

25. tyramail

Trusted Supporter