Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

I can't find a song/album/artist! Help! • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. edisnfg

"I'd Kill To Fall Asleep"

Looking for a punk rock song that came out either in 2018 or 2019 about a dog passing away. I know that’s not a lot to go on but hopefully someone knows it. Thanks in advance

2. marioeatworld

Keep on moving. Busy street.

So I've spent a couple days with a melody in my head and I can't figure out what it is. It's basically the climax of the song, right at the end if I remember correctly, and there is this brass section playing the melody in the link below. It kind of makes me think of Modest Mouse, mewithoutyou, neutral milk hotel, the front bottoms or something like that, but at the same time I'm pretty sure it is by some other artist. Hopefully someone will find it. Thanks in advance :)

https://voca.ro/17wQjsVDefjR

3. iamNex

www.instagram.com/sadsongsalbumcovers

I am looking for a song/music video that I have seen many years ago:

It was sort of "soft" gothy rock/alternative. The band sort of looked like a mix of goth/billy/emo (think: late 2000s Aiden), and I think, iirc, the video description said the singer was known as a tattoo artist (?), maybe from Australia? Maybe even from a tattoo tv show? I think the music video showed the singer sitting somewhere and a blonde woman.

Sadly that is all I can remember.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  4. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Singer's name is Dan Smith and the band is The Dear & Departed. I believe that should get you started

iamNex likes this.
  5. iamNex

www.instagram.com/sadsongsalbumcovers

YES omg you are a hero!! I googled every combination of "australia tattoo artist band goth emo alternative" possible and didn't find it. Thank you so much!

That's it:

Colby Searcy likes this.
  6. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Just glad I could help!! They were a good band back in the day!

iamNex likes this.
  7. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

I'm going to try this again! The band was a duo I believe, they were very proggy and doomy sounding with a bit of drone, they we're sort of in the same vein as BATHS or Dale Earnhardt JR.JR., the albums cover was medivial/barque style, a battle or a scene in a courtyard, I remember white walls. It was on a ton of year end lists, I think I found it from Drew's maybe around 2010-2012

8. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

9. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

I finally figured it out!! its Have A Nice Life and the album came out in 2014 lol

10. adamlikesdogs

@meaninglessritual

The whole Pretty Buff album by Angel Dust?

11. ThePrisoner

For Your Health Supporter

12. alann

This song has been in my head for months, last night I recorded a rough version of the intro bassline. The guitar and the drums might be a little wrong, but the bass should be accurate enough.

https://vocaroo.com/1li5GL9pDmOq

i used to only get music recommendations from absolutepunk.net, so it must have been a band that was talked about here. This song has a music video that starts with the bass player facing the camera, then begins walking as the other instruments kick in. I don't believe this was a "mainstream" song, so none of the MTV alt rock darlings.

For some reason my mind is tricking me into thinking this was Mutemath or Muse, but none of their singles from that era match. I might be wrong, but I remember this being a departure from this band's usual sound, as it sounded way more fun their previous material.

Does it sound familiar to any of you guys?

Much appreciated.

13. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter