Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

I can't find a song/album/artist! Help!

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Can't remember a song you heard? Or a band that's just on the tip of your tongue?

2. Michael Schmidt Mar 6, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 6, 2016)
    Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Does anyone have a copy of the self titled Shh... This Is A Library release? It was a pretty limited run, but I can only find some shitty rips of it. I would love to find a high quality digital copy of that record.

Edit: Didn't realize the label that released this record put everything up on Bandcamp. Crisis averted.

3. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

i had no idea anyone else even listened to this band. I still have one track from the VT EP and i can't find the files anywhere on line anymore :brokenheart:

4. Michael Schmidt

Haha one of the few and the proud I guess. That self-titled record is so good! What is the VT EP? I don't think I know that release. I only knew the self titled and the follow up record. I got a physical CD of the follow up (can't remember its name) and along with some other things and the CD, I was given an unopened condom. Really bizarre haha.

5. Malatesta

[​IMG]

this fella. the last track was a cover of Whatever You Like and i forever regret that i deleted it

Jon likes this.
  6. Michael Schmidt

This is interesting. Doing some quick and dirty research, I see that Afternoons Modeling did the release. Perhaps they have a Bandcamp or Facebook to bug them about getting some files.

7. Malatesta

it was on Bandcamp - i think it might actually have been Shhh's own bandcamp, and not his label's - when i first downloaded it but it's long since - i wanna say a good five years - been taken down and i can't seem to find anyone else who really listens to it or has it. it's the worst way for something on the internet to fade out!!

8. Michael Schmidt

That was my biggest gripe about this project is that if you missed out on the very limited release, you can't really get into it. I appreciate the artistic integrity and the work he put into customizing the releases, but what's the harm in making the digital files available?

9. Michael Schmidt

10. Malatesta

yeah, i'm curious if his motivations were just - he didn't want it on the internet anymore, or if he just forgot about it, or what.

11. Michael Schmidt

My guess is that it was intentionally kept under wraps, based on the very limited pressings and the little to no promotion.

12. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I heard this song one time. It goes kinda like do do do, do doo do. boodoopbobob. Anyone know it?

teebs41 likes this.
  13. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Semi Charmed Life

trevorshmevor and OotyPa like this.
  14. joey-wan kenobi Apr 16, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 17, 2018)
    joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

There's a song off of some Atlanta compilation that was basically "God dammit, God, God dammit all"

I have no idea where that cd went, and it was a burned copy (oops, sorry artists). Anyhow, I've looked high and low, as has a friend of mine back in the Midwest. Any leads?

Edit: solved it on our last move !
    17 years “Godammit”

15. Raku

Regular

Posting in the other topic inspired me to post this because maybe someone may have it, or know where to find it.

[​IMG]
    You can find it listed on the site (where I got the image and tracklisting), and unfortunately even though it is listed there is no way to get the album.

resturiani likes this.
  16. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I'm high and having the worst brain fart about what song this tiny little riff is from.

Vocaroo | Voice message

Sorry that clip is like a minute long, and that I buried the actual riff until the last ten seconds, but again, I'm high. Hopefully my over information helps, please let me know if you recognize this track! Thanks in advance

Jdaniels likes this.
  17. GAH! it's on the tip of my tongue!

18. "Mona Lisa" by Dead Sara????????

19. Cody

20. Cody

Ahh, shit, there's a part that's SO close! But it's not what I'm thinking of, though.

Also, I dig this song a surprising amount.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  21. well, at least i showed you a new band! (everything they have out is amazing, by the way)

sorry it wasn't the one you were looking for though!

22. Cody

Haha, yeah, thanks for it! If I ever get this one that's on the tip of my tongue, I'll check something out of theirs!

23. Cody

24. no one else has helped you yet?! cruel!

25. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

I'm trying. I feel for you, but at the same time that's so little to go off of! I'm just going to put on all those bands that you mentioned while I work and see if it pops up.