Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hustlers (Lorene Scafaria, September 13, 2019) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jul 16, 2019.

1. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

She’s great. Strongly recommend The Meddler as well. Come a long way from Seeking a Friend for the End of the World.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Seeking a Friend was okay, at least that's how I felt when I saw it

3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

4. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I thought it was fine, just very forgettable and non-descript.

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Yup, and Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Her wiki says she's writing one of next year's Pixar films but I don't know much truth there is to that

7. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

This was fucking great. Also love Adam Mckay’s obsession with the 2008 financial crisis.

8. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

it’s honestly wild how good this was

9. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I liked this a lot, but I don't think it's technically as good as it's getting credit for. Seemed like the middle act kinda drug a little (there were too many scenes of them hustling man after man after man) and then the final act was kind of abrupt once they got caught, the movie just kind of ended like 5 minutes later. I would have liked more about the plea deals, trial, fallout etc... Also, the whole movie was framed around the Julia Stiles interview, but unless I missed it (and I realize it's probably not all that important) they never mentioned who Julia Stiles was. It's assumed she's a journalist of some kind, but I dunno, I thought they could have fleshed her out a little more.

Overall this was very entertaining. There were good performances. I just felt like the script could have used a little tweaking.

J Lo looking like a SNACK though.

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

saw this again, glad it's sticking around. my audience was mostly packed which surprised me

11. CapnJazzHandz

Regular Supporter

The framing device for this movie is beyond great. The playing with the audio was well done. The bleeping out of last names, the silence when the recorder is shut off, the scratchiness of the wire.

The costumes were so freaking good.

The soundtrack was REALLY good, but Lorde’s Royals playing as we get a tracking shot behind J. Lo as she’s going to the ATM and getting arrested... perfection.

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

!

14. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

I finally saw this the other night and was taken back at how much I really liked it. Never thought I’d be putting Hustlers in my Top 20 list for 2019.

15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

oh shit!

16. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I thought this was just okay. I was hoping to like it more than I did.

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

hulu 12/1

ChaseTx likes this.
  18. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Wow. This looks good.

19. Serh Dec 8, 2022
    (Last edited: Dec 8, 2022)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious