Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hussey - Hitchens (January 12, 2018) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Enjoyed my first play this morning but need to listen to it again more closely. Digging it and I knew I would.

2. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Oh man this is so far from boring for me. Just because it's quiet doesn't mean it's dull. There's so much here.

3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

my issue is.. how are you adding to the conversation just coming in and saying oh its sleepy.. you wanna make a criticism thats fine but explain why it doesn't work

4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

local_corn and Mattww like this.
  5. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

lol wow you guys listen to this music wow im way cooler than you

teebs41 likes this.
  6. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Initial favorites off of this are Walk You Out, Vacancy, Runner Up, and All Things.

teebs41 likes this.
  7. RuckerPark

Someone else is in my place. Supporter

Glad everyone has their favorites, Lake Michigan and Overflow are my favorites, just wish Overflow was longer.

teebs41 likes this.
  8. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Yeah so I love this album.

He’s reaching that level of being one of my all time favorite songwriters.

I love everything he’s done. A lot.

9. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I heard he produces really good records too. Might want to check out some stuff hes done and an album thats coming out in a few months..... ;)

10. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

in the same way that everyone gushes without giving any real positives. which is most positive posts ever lol i know pat had been a fan of AGO he has every right to make a post about the quality of the album (a very correct post tbh) without being spiteful about it

11. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

I can understand how some would find this boring. The only tracks that really made me pay attention my first run-through were the opener and “Runner Up.” It’s really connecting with me now, especially the first half, but that took several listens. “Runner Up” and “All Things” are both fantastic.

12. contra11mundum

Runner Up is the one for me right now.

13. wholeinhole9

Can see how this could be a fall album, but a lot of it feels like the first sunny day after a long winter. Runner Up is too good.

14. local_corn

an existential crisis mixtape

real into oxford right now

15. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Label is my jam

16. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

For Shame is so fun.

17. RuckerPark

Someone else is in my place. Supporter

Oxford is about Hitchens’ mom’s suicide pact she had with her lover at the time and calling Christopher as she was dying. Some crazy shit that happens to be true.

teebs41 likes this.
  18. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

This album didn't really click for me, despite being pleasant, BUT the guitar interplay at the end of "Label" is really something.

19. Quercus

Regular

I really like this album. Favorites so far; Walk You Out, Label, and Stateside (getting real Right Away, Great Captain! vibes from this song, in a good way).

RuckerPark likes this.
  20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

This album is all about melody, the melodies on this are soo infectious, always stuck in my head.

Also people listen to ground me

RuckerPark and loudasallgetout like this.
  21. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

oh shit i forgot this came out!

teebs41 likes this.
  22. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Still listening to this daily. Shame is a jam.

RuckerPark and teebs41 like this.
  23. contra11mundum

This album is outstanding.

RuckerPark likes this.
  24. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Hey, new Noise Creators podcast with Nathan is out. Halfway through and it has a lot of cool insight into his process and stuff.

25. Kmil

Trusted

Just got through my first listen, completely forgot this released. It's pretty dang good, I think Stateside is my favorite with Walk You Out a close second. I wish it wasn't this slow though almost all the way through, it kinda puts you in a lull, but they're all extremely well written songs. Need to give it more listens before having a good idea of how I feel about this.