Hunted (CBS)

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by yeahrightdude, Dec 3, 2016.

1. yeahrightdude Dec 3, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 3, 2016)
    yeahrightdude

I have no idea what I'm talking about. Prestigious

[​IMG]

Hunted Premiere Date Set For January 2017 On CBS - CBS.com

"Could you escape if you were being Hunted by the best in law enforcement? See what it takes when the thrilling new reality show premieres immediately following the AFC Championship game on Sunday, Jan. 22, 2017 (10-11 PM, ET / 7-8 PM, PT – time is approximate after post-game coverage) on CBS.

After its debut, Hunted will air Wednesdays at 8/7c, starting with a special two hour episode on Jan. 25, 2017. After that, Hunted will settle into its one hour format each Wednesday night.

On Hunted, nine teams of two people attempt the nearly impossible task of disappearing and evading capture for 28 days in a 100,000 square mile region in the southeastern United States. If they succeed, each of the nine pairs will win a grand prize of $250,000. But it's not going to be easy disappearing in today's hyper-connected digital world.

The fugitives will be tracked by highly skilled law enforcement experts who combine traditional tactics with state-of-the-art methods. Hunters in the field and investigators in the command center will work together to identify clues, potential hiding places, and collaborators. They'll search the homes of their targets and scour their internet and phone histories, seeking out behavioral patterns and getting closer to their ultimate goal: capture.

Will the anxiety of being on the run cause teams to make critical errors? Or will they be able to stay off the grid long enough to avoid being found?

Details about the fugitive teams and command center personnel will be announced soon.

Hunted is based on a the format of a popular UK show now in its second season.

Stay tuned for more!"

The Official CBS Hunted Casting Hompage : Hunted Casting

2. Lloyd Charlier

The rules state that the contestants must be "captured". What does that mean? Does each team have to end up at a specific destination or can they merely hide? What prevents someone from just becoming "uncapturable" (i.e. locking oneself within a location that can't be breached by easy means)?

yeahrightdude likes this.
  3. yeahrightdude

I'm assuming you just have to hide. I think a specific destination would make the game way more interesting but the advertisements don't make it sound that way. I feel like there's probably something in the rules that say if you're surrounded you're basically captured.

4. sponsor
  5. devenstonow

Noobie

Is this show good? It seems to me like this show is broken from the start, given that all these "top experts" could probably easily find the contestants, but if they're on the side of production, it's in their best interest to not make that much of an effort and drag it out as long as possible

6. Lloyd Charlier

You would think that but I'm pretty sure that I heard one of the investigators say on last night's episode (at the bus station) that they had to physically apprehend the suspect/contestant. Also, since the investigators are not legally empowered to act as law enforcement personnel, what keeps a contestant from hiding out some place where the rightful owners refuse to grant permission to the investigators to come onto their property. Seems like a horribly flawed premise...

7. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Supporter

I had this on in the background last night and the idea is kind of interesting but I can't see how it wouldn't be entirely scripted. We're supposed to suspect some of these random people are going to be able to evade all these high ranking law enforcement officers?

8. yeahrightdude

I tend to suspend my disbelief for these kind of things because I'd like for them to be real. I can definitely tell a lot of the investigator scenes are reenactments and probably scripted to get a better story-telling shot but I feel like the show is generally legit. I think they could have done a better job explaining the rules and the debut episode seemed a little light. It had the feel of the early Big Brother seasons before they ramped up the dramatic music and narration. I'm enjoyed it though and I'm excited for Wednesday's episode.

9. colorlesscliche

it's-a me Prestigious

Did anyone ever watch Take the Money and Run? This sounds like the same thing.

10. yeahrightdude

Tonight's episode was really good. I love how quickly it can come down on someone. Very exciting!

suicidesaints likes this.
  11. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Just watched the first one. I was dying laughing at the couple who took the bus. As soon as the were introduced, I knew they had zero chance.

This is dumb fun. I'll keep watching.

12. lordjedediah

N00b3

2nd episode had a better pace.

13. yeahrightdude

Season finale tonight.

I've enjoyed it but not nearly as much as I wanted to. I think there is a huge list of things they could improve on. Transparency being the main one. This show is probably a nightmare to produce successfully so I can see why they've done it they way they have but more confessionals during and after the hunt would be a good start. I think they shouldn't have worried as much about hiding the crew from shots because it seemed like they used a ton of reshoots and reenactments as a result of trying to hide everything.

I'd watch a second season but this show won't be great until they figure out a better way to present it.

14. yeahrightdude

Oh wow. this surprise "final escape" ending thing is bullshit

15. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Not gonna look at the spoiler tag, still haven't seen last night's ep yet. I've been enjoying this, but feel like it all went by too quick. I have too many shows to keep up with anyway, so I don't mind the short season, but it seems like this just started.

16. suicidesaints Mar 3, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 3, 2017)
    suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, what the fuck, man? I assume the contestants were aware of that in advance, but why wasn't the audience? Also, it was kinda weird to me that English and Steven won and we hardly even saw them throughout. Also when they were chasing Aarif and Immad, how would the hunters not see the cameras that were filming the hunted? I dunno how I feel about this... Strange show, but I did enjoy it I guess.